Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been in this forum a lot lately getting tips so I finally decided to register. Great forum by the way! I have an 01 Prelude (Milano Red) with 68k miles. Sorry to start a thread on this but I tried to PM but it said I needed 10 posts to PM someone. Anyways, everyones retrofits on here look great and this is probably the first mod I'll be getting done. I just want to get some prices to see how much its going to set me back. Let me know so I can figure out which one of you I want to go with. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
^and thats with u sending your headlights in return for whoever is doing them for you. It all depends on the person though. I know Prelude1987(or 1897?) does them starting at around $500 and up. That was awile back so idk if its still in that area. Im sure he'll be responding to your question. That guy loves retro's lol.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Yea $600-900 is a good range. Depends on what you want and how quickly you need them back.

PM sent to you....

·
Registered
260 Posts
I paid about $550 in parts for my retrofit. This included projectors, ballasts, bulbs, bezels, and misc. hardware used to do the project.

When people ask how much I'd charge, I'd say $600, including your lights. Most people think that's crazy, but when you think of my overhead for buying parts, I'm only charging around $50-$100 for labor.

Now, if you told me you wanted S2000 projectors or something, the price would go up, since they cost a lot more. Example: there are a pair of S2000 projectors on eBay right now going for $378. That's just projectors. Factor in another $80 for bulbs, and almost $300 for new ballasts (this is all "new" stuff) then approx. $50 for hardware, and you're looking at a tad over $800, and your headlights.

Obviously, things can be had cheaper if you shop around. I got bulbs for $60 off of eBay, and 2 new ballasts for $220 off of eBay, but one ballast ended up not working, so I got a half refund and was forced to pay $165 for a new one.

Why am I still rambling? Well, I'm trying to give you an idea of what things cost. The price for retrofitting would cost even more if, for example, you wanted to keep your headlights. That would leave me out a set, and I'd have to buy some new ones. That'd cost you at least $550 more. It sucks because our headlights are so hard to come by and therefore so expensive.

I'm thinking of selling my current retrofit after I tweak and perfect it a bit. If they come up for sale, I'll post a thread in the FS section. Sorry so long, just trying to shoot some numbers w/ ya.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
There are several people who can do them for you including myself. Just search around, and there are quite a few threads around with pics. The price range is about $580-$1000

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm going to go with the Valeo's. They are a fairly reasonable price and look very nice from the pictures I've seen.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
We really need a Retrofit/custom lighting forum on here.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Dmetal420 said:
I think I'm going to go with the Valeo's. They are a fairly reasonable price and look very nice from the pictures I've seen.
Those are some pretty good projectors to go with

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
kind of off-topic.. but what are your guys opinions on a 4300k HID kit? I may consider buying one since I dont have $600+ to shell out on a projector retrofit right now. :-?

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
ludespeed501 said:
kind of off-topic.. but what are your guys opinions on a 4300k HID kit? I may consider buying one since I dont have $600+ to shell out on a projector retrofit right now. :-?
If you're just going to get an HID kit without projectors, I would suggest getting an 6000k-8000k bulbs. If you use 4300k, you'll be blinding on coming traffic. With 6000k-8000k, you won't be blinding them as bad, especially when you point them downward. Remember, you'll have glare/hot spots, so retrofits would be the best to do, cause then the light will actually focus onto the street like it suppose to...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.