Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I would like to introduce myself. my english is not best ,but i will find right words after some experience with foreign(this) forum :)

So at firs , how did i get to the honda thing?:

I was in love with a pontiac trans am gta (3gen) but for me as a european guy its quite expensive to get USDM car. For the 1000dollar car i would pay like 2000 with shipping etc. So it was just a dream . But one day i saw somewhere on the internet Prelude BA4 , and from that day i knew i need to buy that thing.

So after like year of looking for a prelude, cheap but in good condition. Firs one i wanted to buy ended in the tree when his owner on his last ride underestimate the road. So after like two months i found another one , which was at first look in good condition and cheap . but after few better looks i found out that it has been crashed and body is twisted...
After next half year i finnaly found cheap and good one. So i bought it.

I own my silver 1992 prelude BA4 B20A3 (so carb version) for like a year. Its going to be weekend car-street car. Its so hard to get it on the road in my country. Everything must be in good condition and you have to pass through technical inspection and pay like 500$ for Co2 environmental tax (500 for that old car , from like 1995 you pay around 250$ and for and 2002 car you will have to give around 100$) It seem like stupid thing ,and it is. It had to force people to buy new cars , but new cars i expensive . So everyone is paing bills for his old car... (you have to pay it only once - when you buy it from previous owner. So i have to pay 500$ for this and another 250$ for inspection which has to be done every two years but following ones are cheaper - around 50$ .

Things i need to do and done before inspection. Engine is in good condition (150k Km driven) , skirts and half of the left side were eaten by a rust (after bit of crash previous owned made bad job in repair ,and used like 2-3cm of body filler its like 2 or three inches . A paid for pro job , he cut out everything rusted and made new pannels by hand and tools (nothing like buing a piece of body and welding it) So a hard job to do . But he made it like its not even possible to see it was repaired and it cost me around 500$ with pro paintjob. Now im taking off the axle and going to get rid of rust and paint it so its like new. Also i bought new rubber mounts(they are called silentblok in czech) yellow ones made from polyuretan , they are much harder and last like forewer (the car will be more stiff) I also send calipers for rebuild in pro shop cause they were rusted like a hell. Also i need to make new exhaust ,old one is too rusty. Im going to make it from stainless steel... i will use old exhaust manifold but after some care it will be like new. I bought new brake pads and discs. Also clutch is slipping a bit so im going to buy some "race" one which withstand cars purpose. And also im thinking about some plasti dip paintjob(i want to preserve original paint for collector purpose)

I hope I have not forgotten anything and i hope the car is going to be on the road soon.

As my daily car i drive European version of Ford Fusion JU2(2gen)

Im not able to attach pictures so i attached links to my album)

The lude:

My Daily Ford Fusion Ju2

·
Registered
954 Posts
...he cut out everything rusted and made new pannels by hand and tools (nothing like buing a piece of body and welding it) So a hard job to do . But he made it like its not even possible to see it was repaired and it cost me around 500$ with pro paintjob.
Welcome.

I wish your body shop guy was closer to me, I need to find someone with those skills.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
body shop

Yea this guy is proper pro, he studied body repair (hard to transalate) school. So he has definitely the theory,also hes quite skilled. And also repair was cheap. Around 200$ for skirts or thresholds? just that thing under the doors on both sides :D and half side of the car - from door to the end of gas cap. Fully madeit by a hands cause there is no chance in buyng premade pieces. Looks like new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts