Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today, I installed my brand new GReddy SE catback. I had a hard time finding a good catback i wanted with the oval muffler since a lot of companies that make catbacks and other tuner parts have gone bankrupt (including GReddy). Finally I discovered the Spectrum Elite and decided to fork out the cash and give it a shot. Since the SP2 was discontinued, i think this is basically the replacement model. Anyway, I haven't been able to find a prelude anywhere, including forums and youtube, with the Spectrum Elite system, so i decided to make this post. I believe my catback was one of the first released for ludes... I hope you like it!

Price: I bought it on eBay for under $650 shipped.

Quality: Excellent. Resonator, muffler, and tip have a mirror finish. Tip has a blueish burnt look with "GReddy" etched onto the sides. Overall, the quality looks very good, inside and out.

Fitment: Fits almost perfectly. The ONLY issue really is that the resonator and piping sit slightly lower than the stock exhaust. My driveway has a hump like a speed bump that i can no longer clear without scraping the resonator. I can clear it if i take it at about a 45 degree angle, but actual speed bumps might be a problem. (i'm lowered on Tein S-Techs btw)

Performance: Butt dyno feels fantastic. (Only other engine/performance mod I have currently is a V2.)

Sound: Amazing. Very deep, low, warm tone. Not too loud, but definitely louder than stock and louder than the WS2 (compared to the one on my civic). Quiet, but noticeable rumble at idle. Quiet when cruising on the interstate, but sound picks up when accelerating. Sounds loud and smooth when pushed or revved. Slight hints of throatiness. Video coming eventually..

Looks: Somewhat subtle, but flashy, elegant, and sporty at the same time. I wasn't sure if i would like the blue tip when i ordered it, but now i love it and i think it looks great.

Accessories: One GReddy/Trust license plate frame and one silver vinyl sticker.

Overall: I am very happy with this system and i would recommend it to Lude owners with good taste;-)

Pics:

inside of tip & muffer - the mesh in the foreground is the interior of the tip

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71dfgu0FRbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRY2zMDhvj4

Let me know what you think! I have a few more pics if you request something more specific... Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I like it a lot. It looks a lot like my apexi ws2.

BTW, where are you in VA? Have you heard of VAPOG (virginia prelude owners group)?

·
Abscissa & Ordinate
5,102 Posts
wow! that has to be the first single tip exhaust that i actually like, haha.

personally i absolutely HATE exhausts where the tip is round and the muffler body is round. yours offsets the two shapes nicely by having a round tip and an oval body. i just see too many fart cans that look like water heaters strapped to the back end of your car. what's even worse are the "cigar" catbacks where the muffler hangs at an angle :mad2: (its especially worse when the clown driving decides to offset not just the horizontal pitch at an angle, but the verticle pitch aswell). all i picture is a greasy pig with a little choad of a cigar hanging out of his mouth; it just ruins the car. :banghead:

·
8====D ---> ( | ) = win
1,663 Posts
my god thats sexy

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looks like something I'd actually spend money on. In agreement with others comments, absolutely hate round fart cannons.

That thing actually looks classy. Post some sound clips if you can!
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how long did it take to put on?
Hmm...it took me about 3.5 hours, but I took my time and was working by myself. The hardest part was removing the 3 nuts connecting the cat to the stock exhaust piping sine they were rusted over. Removing the rubber hangers wasn't fun either..

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Well done.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts