Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i woke up this morning to the DHL guy pounding on my door. thank god he didnt leave right away. i think he was at my door for a good 5 minutes. anyways, 3 things came in today and i wanted to know what everyone thinks of them...

JDM??? Black housing headlights.... im pretty sure these are fake.. maybe.. hmmm...

JDM EL cluster...

JDM digital climate control

it seems i dont have everything to install this, so this may be for sale later. you also need:

Air mix control motor
In-car temperature sensor
Outside air temperature sensor
Sunlight sensor
Evaporator temperature sensor
Heater Core Temperature Sensor
Power transistor

theres a good writeup for the install at:
http://honda-prelude.com/knowledgebase/manuals/4.

so what does everyone think??

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ebay. Make sure to get all of the other components to go with it.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
do you have the right parts of the cluster to make that fit into your left hand drive?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
like what? i was thinking i was just going to switch out whatever i can with the LHD cluster. will that work? i dont know.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Well the cluster itself is curved. Which means you really need the LHD cluster I believe. You can swap over the jdm guages into the LHD cluster but I wouldn't recommend it because it does not read correctly in KHM. The needle moves the same about so think about your final speed shown on the cluster.

USDM = 140mph (225khm)
JDM = 190khm (118mph)

Unless there is something you can swap to make the needles adjust...I just know it didn't work for me.

I believe the canadian guages are a correct amount of khm on their guages (not positive, i'm sure someone can chime in)

Also, those look like real jdm headlights to me.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yeah those match my JDMs so they look real to me... I was going to do the climate control swap until i realized i needed all the other parts with it.. I think it would be worth if it all those parts were made available. Ive only seen the actual "control unit" on ebay.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea they look like real ones to me too, but they're almost flawless. So that makes me want to think they're not.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea that's what I figured. I'm definitely installing the el cluster, but the digital climate control is a maybe. And plus I only have that part. The other parts must be a bitch to find too. We'll see.

I just received some more shit from password:jdm. Some smoked side fender lights and h1/h4 wiring harness'. There's a lot more shit coming too this week. Fuck I can't wait.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
yeah now those are real jdm headlights and they look great esp for the price you paid for them

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Air mix control motor
Digital climate control unit
In-car temperature sensor
Outside air temperature sensor
Sunlight sensor
Evaporator temperature sensor
Heater Core Temperature Sensor
Power transistor

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
hey ae85nate... you wanna sell those headlights lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The name is AE86NATE! And hell no. If I would, it'd be for around 7-800 bucks. lol remember that thread?
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i missed the 6 sorry lol but yes i do... freakin sucks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dude I got those off ebay. I'm sure the store I got them from has a lot more. For the same price. Fast shipping too. he kinda got my order fucked so he threw in that JDM digital climate control free. I saw he had a CF one too. I'll PM you his store name later.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
k cool ill have to check that out

1 - 20 of 45 Posts