Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I just got my car back from the shop. I had my stock clutch replaced with an act clutch. Now im experiencing some nasty wheel hop, The thing is, this happens when im driving around town. Leaving first gear i get wheel hop and sometimes going into second. I never had this problem before so im guessing its the new clutch. What do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
give the clutch time to break in, and you need to get used to it



i drove my buddys srt-4 and i was stalling for like 5 mins, you just need to get used to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.2L said:
you need to break-in the clutch for ~500 miles
yea, im hoping thats what it is......im trying to take it easy on the clutch during the 500 mile break-in period, but im finding it hard to with all the wheel hop.
 

·
bangin' gears
Joined
·
15,675 Posts
Catch2.2 said:
yea, im hoping thats what it is......im trying to take it easy on the clutch during the 500 mile break-in period, but im finding it hard to with all the wheel hop.
you shouldnt be spinning your tires during a break in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
i think he just needs to get used to his new clutch




i consider myself a pretty good stick driver, but whenever i get in a different car i stall for a little bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leaving first gear i need to be super careful or i get some wheel hop....and sometimes going into second. Now that ive been getting used to the clutch its been getting better....but still as hard as i try not to spin the wheels....its still happens sometimes. I guess its just a matter of getting used to the clutch.
 

·
bangin' gears
Joined
·
15,675 Posts
i dont think you are spinning your tires. are you talking about the car jerking back and forth when letting the clutch out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2.2L said:
i dont think you are spinning your tires. are you talking about the car jerking back and forth when letting the clutch out?
No its not a jerking back and forth thing.....It a hop that comes from the front and makes a kinda rattle noise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this something thats gonna fix itself out after some miles are put on the clutch.....or am i just gonna have to get used to it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just talked to the guy who installed my clutch. He basically told me that what im experiencing is clutch chatter/judder. He also told me that my bro told him to put an act 4 puck clutch and that its normal to experience.
 

·
Test PipE MasTeR
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
jus dont abuse the clutch no burnouts, cherping, double clutching/power shifting if you break it in right ull be fine
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
damn thats a bit of a heavy clutch for your app. if i'm not mistaken this thing is unsprung. i had an unsprung act and ditched it because it was a pain in the ass. also the 4 puck is primarily for track use. this will have to be something to get used to and it will get a little better but you'll always have some degree of chatter...
 

·
bangin' gears
Joined
·
15,675 Posts
Catch2.2 said:
I just talked to the guy who installed my clutch. He basically told me that what im experiencing is clutch chatter/judder. He also told me that my bro told him to put an act 4 puck clutch and that its normal to experience.
well you can thank your bro cuz thats gonna be a bitch to drive around all the time, considering you dont have NEAR the power to need it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
2.2L said:
well you can thank your bro cuz thats gonna be a bitch to drive around all the time, considering you dont have NEAR the power to need it.
I know, hes been trying to get me to spray again....fuck that im selling my system to get the money to paint my lip kit.

Fugative4385 said:
what kind of clutch did u get. i need one too..
depends on your needs....heres a good guideline

http://www.advancedclutch.com/store/ClutchRequirement.pdf
 

·
I miss her...
Joined
·
521 Posts
that guideline is helpful but i dont know exactly what all that means. i want somethingthing that is gonna catch and will be good for street and drag racing. im not concerned with comfort, but i dont want somehting crazy.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top