Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my #1 channel is dead... not dead but it makes all kinds of popping sounds... anyway I'm thinking I can just use the rear channels to power the front speakers... Or at least run 2 and 4 so I have left/right adjustability.

My other option is to go bitch to best buy to return the mrv-345 for the newer crappier model, which people seem to like pretty well. It says it's lower power though, and it doesnt have the lcd screen and the temp guage and stuff that I really like having. I have the service plan but I bought it as am employee and they gave me shit tonight so I get 220 store credit (what I paid for it) and then I gotta shell out like 100 more to get an amp that isnt really as good as mine... and ideally I wouldn't buy anything from best buy anyways, I want a nicer 2 channel.

option 3- keep this amp and save for a nicer 2 channel

what would you guys do?

OR I can get a new fosgate amp... I dont really like RF anymore though...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok I have sent it to get repaired, hopefully I don't regret this choice

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
probably for the best, you could have took your money and got a better deal off ebay or something.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ebay doesnt take best buy store credit ;)

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What The Fuck??? Alpine Said My Amp Is Fine???

They Dont Even know how their own product is supposed to sound? At zero volume this amp has an annoying ass ticking sound only on the #1 channel (front left i guess) they suggested I check my wiring... FUCK THAT I know how to wire a fucking amp... bastards... I wouldnt have taken it in for service if I thought my wiring was the problem, I hooked up the same speaker to each channel and it only makes sounds on the #1 channel, I know it's the amp... fuckers. -out-

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
double post...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so now that i'm using the rear channels I only have a little interferance when the car is on, and i'm at idle. No other time. i just changed my plug wires and rotor and cap... seems that made it happen, and nothing else changed... suggestions? all my connections in the engine bay seem tight enough, i'm a little lost as to what to try next...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
again... this amp is giving me hell.

I bridged my 4x75 amp to 2 x 150, I think that's right. the left side of the amp is insanely hotter than the right side... what's the deal with that? I have the amp cutting out at high volumes, but the speakers sound AWESOME at this much power. I'm pissed and confused, what the heck do I do to fix this?

G

·
my mrv-1507 has been repaired once before cost me 200 bucks had it hooked up while it was there best amp ever. go get a more powerful; amp 4 cahnnel for the highs and try and get my amp if you want the real deal

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
preludepartz said:
my mrv-1507 has been repaired once before cost me 200 bucks had it hooked up while it was there best amp ever. go get a more powerful; amp 4 cahnnel for the highs and try and get my amp if you want the real deal
I don't really know what you said there... but it's not like I have a pyle POS amp or something, I dont think i'm expecting too much from this amp, I honestly think it was louder unamped. O well, i have new problems which i'm about to post in a new topic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts