Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 659 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to make this last thread about my car build. Theres a lot going on with this, so hopefully you guys will enjoy what will (hopefully) be the last leg of this prelude build. To start off, a photo of the current state of my car.

Current Setup:

Exterior Modifications-
JDM One Piece Headlights retrofitted with S2000 Projectors
JDM Clear Foglights
JDM Rain Visors
TCS Side Mirrors
Championship White Paint [NH-0] (Painted 06/2011)
Kaminari Lip Kit (F,S,R)
Deleted Rear Bumper Lights
Amber Front Bumper Lights
All New Emblems & Window Trim
JDM Front Bumper Reinforcement

Interior-
94+ VTEC EL Custer
Black Pillars
Black Carpet
OEM Red Stitched Leather Knob
Red Stitched Leather Boot
Gucci Reupholstered F+R Arm Panels
New OEM Floor Mats
Convex Broadway Mirror
94+ Rear Leather Seats
94+ Leather Center Console w/Cupholder
LED Dome Light
Forbidden Motorsports Short Shifter
Shayspec Solid Shifter Bushings

Engine / Transmission Modifications-
Completely Refreshed H22A4 (Replaced all pumps, gaskets and seals)
BS Removal Kit (KS)
Timing Belt Tensioner (KS)
FEEL'S Intake
FEEL'S Oil Cap
Shayspec Oil Dipstick
Rywire Harness non-Milspec
Rosko Racing Intake Plenum
Rosko Racing Bored Intake Runners
Rosko Spark Plug Cover
ID750cc Injectors
ID Injector Adapters (Rosko)
Vibrant 4-2-1 Header
P28 ECU
Hondata S300
FEEL'S Stainless Clutch Line (Slave to Trans)
Rywire Stainless Clutch Line (Master to Trans)
Professional Products 68mm Throttle Body
Innovative Alternator Relocator
Euro-R Single Row Crank Pulley
Samco Radiator Hoses
Innovative Motor Mounts 75A
BDL Fuel Rail
M2S4 Transmission
Quaife ATB
Refreshed Transmission Internals
Mishimoto Half Radiator
ABS Removed
Remaining brake lines & fittings converted to stainless
Mugen Clutch & Brake Reservoir Covers
Fusebox relocated inside dash
Aeromotive AN Fittings & Fuel Line
Aeromotive Platinum series Fuel Pressure Regulator
Downstar Stainless Complete Engine Hardware Kit
Downstar Complete Transmission Hardware
Downstar Strut Tower Hardware
K Tuned Inline Fuel Filter
Odyssey PC680MJT-A Battery Relocated to Trunk
Odyssey Battery Hold Down
Vibrant 1149 Black Muffler (Dual Tip)
3" Stainless Catless Mandrel Bent Exhaust
Cherrybomb Glasspack Resonator

Wheels, Brake & Suspension Modifications-
16x8" +20mm XXR 531 Platinum
Bridgestone Potenza 205/45 RE760S
EBC Ultimax Brake Rotors
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Muteki Extended Lug Nuts
Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
Innovative Traction Bar
FEEL'S Front Strut Tower Bar
Energy Suspension Master+ Black Bushing Kit
All New Wheel Bearings
All New Balljoints
New Tow Bolts
Powdercoated All Brake Components Gloss Black
Powdercoated All Suspension Components Gloss Black
Yellow Zinc Chromate Plated Brake, Suspension & Subframe Hardware

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
so I'm assuming you're building above the 600 whp mark, just cuz your selling some of your turbo components but not all of them and if your upgrading from 880cc then it usually means 1000cc+ injectors, am I speculating correctly. I saw your last thread here and there I really can't wait to finish all the mundane details on my setups so I can focus on all the exterior items and just make it all look good.

I'll be following your thread

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Final build? Are we ever really done Travis? lol
Lol no.. :(

^^:lawl:

I'm glad you made another thread. I'm excited to see your progress. <3
Thanks! There will be less talk of ideas. More doing.

so I'm assuming you're building above the 600 whp mark, just cuz your selling some of your turbo components but not all of them and if your upgrading from 880cc then it usually means 1000cc+ injectors, am I speculating correctly. I saw your last thread here and there I really can't wait to finish all the mundane details on my setups so I can focus on all the exterior items and just make it all look good.

I'll be following your thread
350-400whp daily. I dont want to take it above that. Leaving the head bone stock too.

Re-size your sig travis....
Too large vertically or is 531kb's too large a size?

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh shit! The biggest change yet in years, at least that's my opinion.
I agree. Im super pumped about these! They arent expected to ship out till the end of august which is fine. That leaves me more time to pick some tires. Right now I am havng some issues with finding the proper tire.. mostly because of how picky I am.

I reeaallly wanted Bridgestone Potenza RE11's but the tires offered in 16" are a bit too large for the car. They weren't my first choice but they are definitely the superior choice in terms of grip. The only tire size that would fit is 205/45/16, which is fine but if it was 215/45 that would be most ideal. My second choice, the RE760 Sports offer a few more sizes but still not the exact size I want.

/le sigh

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
re11's are track tires. They will burn off the vehicle in 6000 miles. They have a treadwear of what 80 or something like that? I would stick to something more suited for the street. I love the re11's but they are not something you want to buy unless you are tracking the car every weekend.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RE11's are 180 AA, the 760 sports are 340 AA. It says on TireRack that the size I specified (205/45) is really only good on a 6.5" to 7.5". Since im going to be pushing these tires I really want something a little more specific.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
RE11's are 180 AA, the 760 sports are 340 AA. It says on TireRack that the size I specified (205/45) is really only good on a 6.5" to 7.5". Since im going to be pushing these tires I really want something a little more specific.
180 on the street still burns half the tread off in under 6000 miles in average street performance driving... in a gutless car (aka stock prelude lol) 400whp on those tires... idk, i would not be surprised if you were swapping tires every months. I had a friend with a 400whp EK and he ran those tires and every 2 weeks he would need new front. It was a never ending tire expense.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
RE760s blah

RE11s good

More $ per mile, but actually improve car performance unlike most car mods.

·
Registered
94 Posts
ive seen your car a few years ago at the Marcys Dairy meet....cant wait to see what u do with it this time.:thumbs-up:

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
180 on the street still burns half the tread off in under 6000 miles in average street performance driving... in a gutless car (aka stock prelude lol) 400whp on those tires... idk, i would not be surprised if you were swapping tires every months. I had a friend with a 400whp EK and he ran those tires and every 2 weeks he would need new front. It was a never ending tire expense.
6000 is quite drastic. Any tire being roasted every day will get changed fast.

RE050A RFT on the back of a BMW last around 20k. No reason Re11's when treated right, cant do the same.

btw, i work for Firestone/Bridgestone

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
6000 is quite drastic. Any tire being roasted every day will get changed fast.

RE050A RFT on the back of a BMW last around 20k. No reason Re11's when treated right, cant do the same.

btw, i work for Firestone/Bridgestone
We aren't talking about stock preludes, or a stock bmw, we are talking about a 400whp monster. IDK, from what i've seen first hand anyone with the slightest incline to put their foot all the way to the floor rocking thread ware that low burns threw sets fast. I would just go to something a bit firmer on the street. But then again, not my car, not my money, just my 2 cents.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
We aren't talking about stock preludes, or a stock bmw, we are talking about a 400whp monster. IDK, from what i've seen first hand anyone with the slightest incline to put their foot all the way to the floor rocking thread ware that low burns threw sets fast. I would just go to something a bit firmer on the street. But then again, not my car, not my money, just my 2 cents.
I used BMW as my example because of the rear camber setups most of them have which constantly eats at the inside of the tire.

the RE11's are defintely not a cheap tire. I would personally use something like the S01

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used BMW as my example because of the rear camber setups most of them have which constantly eats at the inside of the tire.

the RE11's are defintely not a cheap tire. I would personally use something like the S01
Blake how do you feel about the tire size on the wheels I bought? And what is the best price you can get on the RE11's in 205/45. Thanks :)

Car looks great man! Did you get the lenses and are they going on this?
Yes sir! Thanks a lot for cleaning them up and packing them well. I seriously appreciate it. I gotta cut the backs of the front ones out in order for em to fit first.

ive seen your car a few years ago at the Marcys Dairy meet....cant wait to see what u do with it this time.:thumbs-up:
Yeah man good times. Glad you still are around to peep the build :)

1 - 20 of 659 Posts