Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I was changing the oil in my Lude tonight and saw somethin interesting...my Prelude is completely stock and today I saw that the front tires were treading unevenly...they are Yokohama AVS ES100's...and the inside inch and a half or so of the tire is completely worn down and on the right tire, the fuckin white strings or whatever you wanna call 'em are starting to become exposed...I just noticed this today seeing as it feels perfectly fine when driving and nothing is visibly wrong with the car until you look closely at the tires...I rotated the 2 bad front Yokohamas to the back now and the good ones on front so it shouldn't have as much as an impact...anyways, I included two pics so you guys can see what I'm talking about

sorry for the bad pics I had to get in close,,,in the first pic though, you can clearly see on the right side how the tread is fucked up...do i just need an alignment or what? cuz i haven't had one since I bought the car last March. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Can't adjust camber, you'll need to purchase adjustable ball joints. Your "toe" could be checked tho. How long have you had the car lowered on those tires?

·
Registered
162 Posts
i noticed the same thing on my car when i was cleaning my rims. I bought tires the next day cuz if you can see the white threads your tire can pop easily if it gets to hot. I take corners briskly all the time and I blame it on that. Both front tires on the inside were down to the thread.

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
If your car is lowered at all your camber is gonna be screwed up w/o adj. ball joints. Or if you have a Type-SH, you will have relatively extreme camber b/c that's how they come.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for you guys that said lowered, I said its completely STOCK in the first post...yeah I'm gonna take her in for an alignment either tomorrow or tuesday because thats when a buddy of mine comes back from a trip and he can get me an alignment for like 20 bucks at pepboys so i won't drive her until then. Also, thanks for clearin up the toe/camber issue...only thing I still don't understand is that the wheels/tires look completely lined up straight, I thought with toe you can notice them leaning to one side at a certain angle

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
SCGMafia said:
for you guys that said lowered, I said its completely STOCK in the first post...yeah I'm gonna take her in for an alignment either tomorrow or tuesday because thats when a buddy of mine comes back from a trip and he can get me an alignment for like 20 bucks at pepboys so i won't drive her until then. Also, thanks for clearin up the toe/camber issue...only thing I still don't understand is that the wheels/tires look completely lined up straight, I thought with toe you can notice them leaning to one side at a certain angle
It must be the toe. I rememeber now that my tires were wearing just like yours when I got my car, it wasn't lowered either.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
SCGMafia said:
and it turned out to be toe? was it solved after the alignment?
I never got an alignment before I lowered, I just said hell with it with because I was going to do suspension and new tires anyway. After I lowered I went in for the alignment. The toe was off and adjusted back to factory spec. I haven't driven enough miles yet to notice any wear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts