Honda Prelude Forum banner

what should i do .......

• Keep the yellow 89 with rust damage and build that shit!!!

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Keep the red 91 with some body damage needin to be repaired,b20a,4ws and build that shit!!!

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • part both of them out,and jump into another 3rd gen or 5th gen!!!

Votes: 8 28.6%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
3rd Gen Veteran!
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as some of you know,i have 2 third gen preludes one was in the process of being stripped and restored and the other one i wasusing as my daily driver.it has come to the point where i have to get rid of one of them if not both of them due to them being at my grandfathers house and hes tired of seeing them pretty much.the yellow one is fully stripped and has a some rust around the usual places and the engine needs a full rebuild its a 89.the red one has some back and front end body damage and a blown timing belt and has a b20a and 4ws its a 91.both of them need a new full car harness.which one should i keep????and which one should i part out in your opinions????

thanks in advance i appreciate your opinions

carlos mesa

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Can we see some pictures of each, would make it easier to tell if the shells are worth saving.

·
toguetastic
3,233 Posts
keep the good parts of both and put one good one together from what you have and sell/scrap the rest. did the body damage include frame damage? if the frame is still straight and its just cosmetic stuff then keep the 91 since its together and already has the 4ws and stuff.

·
3rd Gen Veteran!
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
keep the good parts of both and put one good one together from what you have and sell/scrap the rest. did the body damage include frame damage? if the frame is still straight and its just cosmetic stuff then keep the 91 since its together and already has the 4ws and stuff.
my radiator support was bent,my right headlight assembly support is bent up so my fender doesnt line up correctly as well as my bumper,the back passenger quarter panel was hit nicely so my trunk is banged up as well as my lights dont line up correctly.

the yellow car has some rust on the passenger side back quarter panel as well as around the window frames but other than that has a solid frame never been crashed.

both of there harnesses were shot to shit so i need a new one of those,i also need all the gauge cluster controls there where banged up and got trashed.

·
Registered
449 Posts
put a tent over it so your grandpa wont see it. my lude is at my dads house on stands right now and he was complaining about it so i put a tarp over it and he shut up

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
Keep the running one.
Its 4WS...good luck trying to find another 90-91 4WS!
I have a car sitting on the side of my house...I'd be willing to pull the body harness if you need it that bad. Shoot me a PM and we can talk some $.

·
3rd Gen Veteran!
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
none are runnin the red one snapped its timing belt,and the yellow one has a blown clutch.thats why i might start over on a another lude...............it depends im still debating it.regardless im still going to have a lude no matter wat

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
i only said part them out because i see many interior pieces i want from the red one, lol.

really tho, i'd start with a fresh canvas. try to find a really clean lude and go from there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
so, the clutch doesnt work in the yellow one? take the head off that one and put it on the red one??

·
toguetastic
3,233 Posts
pull the interior, 4ws, and whatever other good parts are on the red one off, fix the light rust issues and build the yellow one. the frame damage will piss you off forever. damage from a previous wreck claimed my prelude cause it was apparently severe enough to cause my frame to split apart at the seams. so go with the good straight yellow one and fix the rust once and for all. as for a motor, if the timing belt caused piston/valve contact, rebuild with the head from the other car. if not, toss a belt on it and drop it in the yellow car.

·
3rd Gen Veteran!
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the yellow ludes engine needs a rebuild its been sitting too long,as far as the b20a goes i still havent had time to rip the head off to check the valves yet.so far i think im going to part both of them out and find me a nice 90-91 to work with because rust just pisses me off and the rust on the yellow lude is all around the window sills and quarter panels.i think i need a new car to work with,there are a couple down here for about a grand that are pretty dam clean........

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
scarp/partout both of them but keep the 4ws and good stuff get a new 3rd gen that runs good and little or no rust and fix it with the parts off of the two you have now
Whatever you do make sure you end up with a prelude lol

·
Registered
10,000,001 Posts
Man, I wish I lived in your area because there is nothing I need more than a 3g shell to start installing my awd dsm drivetrain into. I seems that everybody who has a 3g parked on the side of their house or yard has this strange attachment to it and can't sell it. I'll be taking my trip down to the keys as soon as the water warms up, prob around 1st of april and I'll be sure to stop by and check out your progress on what ever car your keeping. I think the red lude would be your best bet by far, interior looks to be in great shape, and if you can think of any small parts that you need send me a pm with a list as there is a junk yard here that always has a 3g lude. I can get most anything small for free because of all the shit I buy from there, anyways keep up the work and stay with the red one. Its cheaper than buying another as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts