Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing the spark plugs and wires and vc and after i put everythin bac i found this wire was unattached. I think its a grounding wire but im not sure.Its the wire rite beside the wire connected to the alternator.
also i didnt search because i wasnt sure wat to search. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Thats the wire that goes from you alt. to your under the hood fuse box. It's the one on the right side when looking at the fuse box from the front of the car. Without it, you can not charge your battery.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was replacing the spark plugs and wires and vc and after i put everythin bac i found this wire was unattached. I think its a grounding wire but im not sure.Its the wire rite beside the wire connected to the alternator.
also i didnt search because i wasnt sure wat to search. Any help would be appreciated.

first unhook your batt.

that is the charge wire from batt to alt.

just put a new end on it and you should be fine

good luck

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
wat do u mean by put on a new end?

He is talking about the connector. He said to put a new end (connector) on your wire and reattach it to the mounting point. It doesnt look as though your wire will be long enough to do it that way, so you would be best off buying a new wire that you know if long enough and replace it.

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
I would suggest the best thing to do is cut the tape holding the wire together and just trace it to where it ends. That way your not taking one end off that isnt attached to it.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
If you feel really up to it, you could take the engine harness off then split open the wire loom and re-run a new 8ga wire from the under the hood fuse box to the alt.

I wouldn't even try to save the wire that you have. Just run a new wire, but do it the right way and not half ass it by running the wire in front of the motor. If you do something like that, then the heat from the exhaust will burn it in 2.

·
Registered
219 Posts
He is talking about the connector. He said to put a new end (connector) on your wire and reattach it to the mounting point. It doesnt look as though your wire will be long enough to do it that way, so you would be best off buying a new wire that you know if long enough and replace it.

thats the idea if you dont want to run a new wire inside your harness just route it alongside the harness

im not sure if it goes to the batt or the under hood fuse box

just use an ohm meter and find the right wire and rewire it

good luck

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
thats the idea if you dont want to run a new wire inside your harness just route it alongside the harness

im not sure if it goes to the batt or the under hood fuse box

just use an ohm meter and find the right wire and rewire it

good luck
That big wire does go from the Alt to the Underhood fuse box. It's the wire that provides a charge to your battery when the engine is running.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
GUESSMAN, you originally said that that wire end was suppost to be at the fuse box, if you dont believe me then go and read your own text...

and splitting the whole wiring harness is a HUGE! job for a guy who didnt even know what that wire was...

if you have the soldering iron then yes, just peel back all the tape and plastic cover away from that area and solder it back together, then coat it in that pain on application electrical tape, then re wrap that little sextion in electrical tape, then vwalla! your done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts