Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best model 5th gen or are thay all pretty much the same.Like si,se,all that good stuff ,what would be top of the line? Thanx

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
The Type-S is the "best" 5th gen around. Higher compression, better intake, factory port and polish, and a LSD.There are probably more differences but thats what I remember.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
the Type-S has more aggressive cams, pistons, better flowing airbox, bigger intake manifold, and some other shit.

There is no Si or Se 5th gens I dont believe.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
well, for you, in the states. Would be the base model 5spd... do not look into getting an auto, its like a time bomb.

The other model is the Type SH, which is more useful if you plan on tracking the car. the main difference between the bas and sh, is the atts system.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
as I recall the SE is the more "top of the line" in canada and other places that an Si and SE were designations. Make sure it has an H22 engine...some 5th gens didn't even have VTEC apparently! All USDM's did but Canada got some non vtec models!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Yep not all 5th gens got the H22

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Hardcoredan52 said:
The Type-S is the "best" 5th gen around. Higher compression, better intake, factory port and polish, and a LSD.There are probably more differences but thats what I remember.
Wrong. :) The SIR-S spec is the best.

But that doesn't matter as neither are available in the US.

Go for the base model lude. Lighter than the SH and takes better to modding.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
(performance wise) if you plan on leaving it stock.. sh. modding it.. base.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts