Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Easter to all of you!
I just purchased a fuel filter for my 90-SR (cost me about $6.00CAN) and was looking for where it goes and had no clue. I searched here and found that it's sitting in the engine bay against the firewall if I'm not mistaken? I saw some pics of where it might be but I read about some complications that some of you have had in the past with broken bolts and spewing fuel. Just looking for simple instructions or directions on what to do to replace this stupid thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Shainin

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
big black round thing on the passenger side of the firewall right near the top. very hard to miss.

ive never heard of problems replacing it, but sometimes it will let a little bit of gas out. it happens, it is a fuel filter afterall lol.

as for how to replace it, put a wrench on the nut-shaped part of the filter, and a socket or wrench on the bolt. hold the filter still while you loosen the bolt for the hose. repeat for other side. take bolt out for the retainer, and retainer and filter practically fall off. put mount around new filter in correct position and bolt it back to the firewall, and reverse directions for installing the hoses to the new filter. not very difficult at all.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just did it on my car. I bought the only filter that did'nt come with new washers. I bought a chiltons at the same time only to find out I needed new washers, so I had to order those for like another 7 dollars.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,348 Posts
Seven dollars for washers?

--J

·
Registered
192 Posts
Import_Tuna said:
Seven dollars for washers?

--J

I know look em' up at majestic honda. I bought the fuel filter somewhere else not knowing that you had to replace the washers. There was one for 14 one for 17 and one for 24. I bought the one in the middle thinking it would be a little better that the cheap one. Turns out it was the only one that did'nt come with the washers. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts