Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 Gen3 Honda Prelude 4WS 2.0SI (Japan import, right steer manual)

Hi there,
Earlier this morning I moved my prelude out of the garage only to find this part falling off somewhere from the engine bay. It obviously eroded off. It is plastic-y, rubbery but I cannot find the source for the life of me. It looks like a boot…

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Official update: while I appreciate everyone’s input, I still haven’t found the culprit…even after putting the car on a lift and going through every possible combination. While I admit that it looks very similar to suspension boots, it is unlikely not from the front suspension, as everything looks complete. Current most likely (and yet far fetched) explanations are:

1. dust cover from rear steering knuckle (albeit very small)
  2. left over part from recent AC swap (I recently got the compressor replaced and maybe the shop forgot something in there)
Either way, I officially give up…but thanks again, everyone

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That could very well be…it doesn‘t look like anything that remotely matches. Material and shape are extremely odd. It definitely did fall of the engine bay but again…the car got important from NoEthernetkabel Japan to the east coast, then moved by two dealers, repaired (AC), then shipped to the west coast…where my humble self wonders what it could be.

I’d say we close this thread (appreciating everyone‘s input, especially the 1927 Bearcat) and will reopen once I fix something and suddenly realize that this part was that obvious part missing from the engine bay, called (wait for future update here)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts