Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1990 lude with a b20a5 5 speed
and i need a new passenger side cv axel
unfortunetely every auto parts store is retarded aroung here and can get me the right one
ive gotten 2 cv axels from autozone and neither of them are right
the codes on the boxes so far have been 7098 and 7064
does anyone know what one is the right one cause i really am in need of my cv axel

thanks

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Have you check with O'Reillys? I've never had a problem when I use them. Autozone SUCKS BALLS!!!! I've gotten so many wrong parts from them that I will drive past them now to go to O'Reillys. Call them and see if they can help you out.

Here's a link to the right part numbers from Honda:
http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_parts_list.php?vin=&Label%5BProductID%5D=PRELUDE&Label%5BYearID%5D=1990&Label%5BDoorID%5D=2&Label%5BGradeID%5D=2.0SI&Label%5BAreaID%5D=KA&Label%5BTransmissionID%5D=5MT&Label%5BSectionID%5D=CHASSIS&Label%5BIllustrationGroupID%5D=DRIVESHAFT+-+HALF+SHAFT&ProductID=6&YearID=29&DoorID=1&GradeID=419&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=3&SectionID=6&IllustrationGroupID=5687

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Have you check with O'Reillys? I've never had a problem when I use them. Autozone SUCKS BALLS!!!! I've gotten so many wrong parts from them that I will drive past them now to go to O'Reillys. Call them and see if they can help you out.
That's not always true. It really depends on who works there. We just got an O'Reillys and they "suck balls" and our auto zone is way better than O'Reillys.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
/quote]

That's not always true. It really depends on who works there. We just got an O'Reillys and they "suck balls" and our auto zone is way better than O'Reillys.
You know, I really never thought of it that way but I can see how it can go both ways then. I do have a buddy that works at the O'Reillys that I go to. So, makes sence. I've just never had any luck with the Zone, It always seem that I have to go back at least 2 to 3 times to get the right part.

So, Trix-88si, you need to make a friend at a good parts place, then you will get the right part. :satisfied:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know, I really never thought of it that way but I can see how it can go both ways then. I do have a buddy that works at the O'Reillys that I go to. So, makes sence. I've just never had any luck with the Zone, It always seem that I have to go back at least 2 to 3 times to get the right part.

So, Trix-88si, you need to make a friend at a good parts place, then you will get the right part. :satisfied:

well i have a really good friend at autozone... he is just one of those people who are a little heavy on the green pipe lol

schucks/O'Reillys here i come lol

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
well i have a really good friend at autozone... he is just one of those people who are a little heavy on the green pipe lol

schucks/O'Reillys here i come lol
Tell him to lay the pipe down until he gets you the right dam part, then fire up the good stuff later :tounge: Prelude work comes first, party later 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts