Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I miss her...
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. i took my car to the shop cause of my check engine light and they said it was my o2 senser. i have an ebay short ram and apexi exaust. should i replace the sensor or what? please help soon. im searching now but i dont have much time cause i dont have a computer im using a friends...

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
Fugative4385 said:
ok. i took my car to the shop cause of my check engine light and they said it was my o2 senser. i have an ebay short ram and apexi exaust. should i replace the sensor or what? please help soon. im searching now but i dont have much time cause i dont have a computer im using a friends...
yes, if thats what they cel was indicating. Download the helms manual and follow the troubleshooting flowcharts regarding that particular O2 check engine light.

www.rockauto.com has them for like 60 bux or something.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I had mine replaced not so long ago, the O2 sensors are located right by the cat so don't bother taking off the head sheild around the stock header like I did...

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
I'd try parsamerica.com. Got mine for like 55 shipped. Bosche OE that is.

Haven't had to swap out sensors on my 5th gen, but it was easy as hell on the 3rd gen. Just let the car heat up for 10 minutes before you try to unbolt the old sensor.

Allowing it to heat up will make it simple to remove.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
792 Posts
I replaced both my O2 sensors with Bosch. They are so easy to replace and haven't had any problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts