Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's behind the center console. I was able to reach in and grab it. there will be 3 different connectors. You want the one with the blue/white and brown/white wires.
When going to emissions testing make sure the catalytic converter is good and hot so take a long drive and stand on it a bit. Make sure you use premium gas. And all the usual things like a good tune, new air filter, clean oil. Use a good injector cleaner a tank or 2 before going. You should not have to adjust the timing. The ECU takes care of that
unless you took out the distributor and are now replacing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's an H22, make sure you've cleaned the EGR ports with the EGR valve, or the valve won't be doing much of anything.
No its on an H23.. I cleaned in it already.. the the lifter does not stick. ..I have vacuum to it... push the lifter up and clogged the port and it holds its position... once I put it back on the reset the ecu..and still has the same code coming up... I looked up the code 12 repair on 3rd Gen lude posted by Lizardboy... but no help...only thing is that the EGR valve could be done ...idk what else I could do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts