Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to the track tonight and was wondering if i let air from only the front, or all 4 wheels. i have an 01 lude and was gonna lower the tire PSI to 22, but i need to know about the rear wheels. please help!:turn:

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
No reason to air down the rears, unless you've got a m4d tyt3 JDM AWD conversion kit, (y0)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was pleasantly surprised. my first time there i over filled my oil by 3/4 a quart and got a 16.7, 1/4 mile. this time, i had the right amount of oil, gave myself a valve adjustment changed my fuel filter and lowered my tire pressure to 25psi. brought it down to a 15.9 and the second run 16.1 with a horrible launch. raced a GSR trwice and beat him twice. he had a header and exhaust and a carbon fiber hood for mods (B18C). im stock with an AEM ram air. the GSR ran 16.4 against me, then a 16.7 the second time against me and a 16.5 th third. speed world orlando sucks....
the track is so sticky its crazy!!!!

i noticed something weird. i think i need a new clutch. let me know. looking at my speedometer in the 1/4 mile it read 94, but my time shet said 89. i was driving home and i drove by one of those radar things that says how fast u r going, and it said 55 when my speedometer said 60? shitty clutch?

·
Registered
310 Posts
remember if you ever change the overall diameter of your wheels your speed sensor will foul up. as the wheels gets small your speed sensor will read higher and as they get bigger they will read lower.

so if your wheel are not 205/50/16 with exactly 32psi then your speed sensor will read retarded.

also I don't think the clutch has anything to do with the speed sensor...
I ran a 15.279 check out my run on the drag threads...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts