Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay to make a long story short. I had just fixed my clutch and the next day I go to chik fil a and out of no where my car started rough idling badly so I got home as fast as I could and turn it off. Next day car never started up again. Found out I wasn’t getting spark. And I traced it back and something is not giving my ignition coil what it needs and my fear is it’s the ECU.
Fuel pump primes, checked fuses, Main relay is good.

So I noticed my wiring is a little wonky cause of the previous owner I guess and I put pictures of how it is. But it worked fine so I’m just asking if anyone can figure out if the 3 color wires go in a certain order connected to my external coil. Cause I did not keep track of that when I was messing with it. I replaced my ignition coil and dizzy BTW.

The last picture I found that connection is NOT being used and maybe someone could tell me what that plug is for. And what it seems like they did wire wise. I think it has to do with the coil but it was never connected and the car ran perfect since I had it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,890 Posts
The last photo is for the injector harness. The blank cap is basically jumping between the wires within.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*ed
The last photo is for the injector harness. The blank cap is basically jumping between the wires within.
Ah, thank you. So that has nothing to do with my no spark issue.

I really am leaning towards it being the ECU and I do not know what would be my best option when it comes to fixing that. Because if I get another one I would have to reprogram my keys I think but I don't have the red key for it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
idling is hard...but if it makes some power in might not be ecu...ist there and egr vale or some sort of port that gets carboned up ?

the blank cap might be doing NOTHING but being blank?

·
Registered
1999 Prelude. F20B/K20A hybrid rebuild
193 Posts
For the 3 wires that had those aftermarket crimps installed, i would peel back the electrical tape and follow the wires to see if there’s any damage from poor crimping, twisting, rubbing, or something like that. You never know how poor or proper someone else might have wired it (i’ve seen some bad stuff) Might not be the problem but that’s definitely something i’d look into, make me wonder why they did that ghetto fix in the first place. Good luck

·
Registered
1999 Prelude. F20B/K20A hybrid rebuild
193 Posts
The wires themselves don’t look factory either, which would give me another reason to peel back all that tape and inspect for any poor wiring job or damage. Factory doesn’t use electrical tape as poorly as that, usually there’s a solid sleeve over those wires, looks like that electrical tape goes a good distance down which looks sketchy, i would definitely take off all that crappy tape and inspect

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you still have the old ignition coil and dizzy, slap them back in and see if it'll make a difference. Also, make sure all your connections are solid. You might have a hard time getting the new ecu program if you do get one. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts