Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i did a search but nothing came up... wherre is the fuel pump... and whats the best way to get to it...

1990 honda preelude 2.1 SI

thanks guys

anyone...

·
Premium Member
16,789 Posts
It is behind the back seat in the trunk, closest to the back seat.

You must remove the carpet.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
its inside the gas tank.

but lucky for us, preludes are made by honda. and honda thinks of just about everything. pull the floor carpet back in the trunk, the one that covers the spare wheel. in front of where the spare goes there is a circle about 6-8 inches in diameter. remove the bolts/screws from it if there are any, then pry it up with a screwdriver. this reveals the entire sending unit. pull the sending unit out, and the fuel pump is attached to it.

*it is in the trunk, not under the back seat!*

if i get too bored, i'll go outside and take a picture of my trunk for you so you can see where it is. that is, if i get bored enough and feel like making the effort lmao. eh, maybe i'll do it anyway, cuz its for a fellow luder...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Same thing with BMW. My 325i you pulled out the back bench seat and it was right there, an oval metal cover.

Hey, that looks like an integra, not a prelude! It's a hatchback!

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Integra's are under the seat, anyway.

Preludes are in the trunk, with easy access if you climb into said trunk.

Pull the battery - cable before you mess with it, and no smoking :p

Seriously though, no smoking, no sparks, no fire, or your a dead man.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
online manual didnt show the location... but i found it and changed it, now my back is sore from sitting in my trunk then the wind blew it closed and i was traped for 2 hours.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that sux. thats funny though lmao. why didnt you just open the back seat and crawl into the car? lol there is a seat release in the trunk you know

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
oh wow. im sorry. yeah, fumes can do some damage, including make you forget that you have access into the back seat. good to hear your ok though

·
Premium Member
16,789 Posts
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: Seriously???:???: Did you actually get stuck in your trunk???

(Lolo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :mrgreen: I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't mean to laugh but that has to be on America's most Funniest Home Video's if it was acutually caught on video.:mrgreen:

It's not everday someone locks themselves in the trunk and then passes out from the fumes!:-D

But I am glad to hear you are ok! :) Next time, don't do something by yourself unless you absolutely know how to do it, safely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts