Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3rd gen prelude and my clutch fork is out. Check eBay junkyards, and parts stores for it but no one had one. Any one know where I can get my hands on one

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
I have a 3rd gen prelude and my clutch fork is out. Check eBay junkyards, and parts stores for it but no one had one. Any one know where I can get my hands on one
Honestly thats going to be a hard part to find unless you find someone with a broken transmission that is just parting out bits and pieces.
There is not option for aftermarket for that part. Usually that comes with a transmission.

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
795 Posts
Honestly thats going to be a hard part to find unless you find someone with a broken transmission that is just parting out bits and pieces.
There is not option for aftermarket for that part. Usually that comes with a transmission.
No doubt someone could duplicate it and machine it from, say, aluminum....but it would take some R&D. I actually happen to have an extra manual transmission....but it's destined to replace my son's automatic, so it's not for sale. Sorry, Cesarba! However....I could be persuaded to see if I could remove the clutch fork for CAD measurement if someone has a mind to do that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Is the fork actually broken? You might be able to have it repaired at a machine shop. So while the only source for this part (22821-PX5-000) would have been Honda, it is discontinued. The good news, though, is that the same part number was used on the 4G Accords, from '90-93, and those are substantially more common in wrecking yards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts