Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Not a Dude.
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get a few extra HP with some stock cams outta another honda engine. I have a JDM B20A right now and was wondering which other cams would fit right in and be beneficial to me.

Also, would two stacking plates on the intake manifold hurt or help me?

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Another plate on the manifold might help low-low power (like, 1k-3k, maybe), but thats one hell of a "might". It would however, kill off power in the top end.

Cam wise, there aren't any better ones from stock motors.
Not enough better to notice without a good dyno.
Your best bet is a pair of adjustable cam gears, and/or custom (re)ground cams.

·
Registered
750 Posts
go to coltcams.com they are situated in BC canada and they are amazing price wise..talk to flywsi he has a set in his car, he loves them..then there is always the intake cam from the b18b. depends if your looking for turbo cams or not. custom regrinds are your best bet, get intouch with coltcams.com and fill out the form they have on the site, they will email you back with a lift and duration setting for the info that you give them about your motor

·
Registered
317 Posts
Turbo and N/A (like flywsi's car) motors require different cams. If you put a hot N/A cam in your turbo car its not gonna do so good. Nopionline supposedly has some turbo cams for us but we all know how good they are at putting up stuff that is actually for our motors. Like Bobnova said, your best bet is to get adjustable cam gears and tune at the dyno. Car manufacturers usually have a 1-2 degree offcenter tolerance so careful cam timing can probably get you some noticable HP gains. You might also want to look into underdrive pullies those can sometimes net up to 6-8 hp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts