Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted this in the introduction section, but i guess i should post it here also if i want answers.

hello all, i have been reading in the 4th gen section almost all day. im planning on getting a 92 si tomorrow. im pretty excited now after reading on here. at first i was just gonna get it as a daily for me and to teach my girl how to drive a stick at the same time. but now and knowing myself, i want it to have a little something something so that i can at least play around with people, or if im ridin around with my dsm buddies i wont be left by too much. my original plan was to try to find a h22 vtec head and put it on my h23 block and then turbo it and add nitrous. but after reading a little bit and being convinced that most people dont have much success with that frankenstein combo, i decided to just keep the h23 until i blow it or somethin. another thought was to just get a h22 but i like the idea of having that extra .1 litre:smile: , even though i lose about 2k in rpm usage as opposed to a vtec motor:wzbigcry: oh well. i plan to turbo my h23 with a 14b from one of my friends that has one laying around from one of our dsm's and then use my stock smic from my gsx since i just upgraded to a fmic so that's will come in handy now, that or ask for my other friend's that just upgraded to a front mount also for his smic and weld the two together for a little cheapo fmic. i dont plan on making this an insanely fast car, just a fun enough car that will be reliable. and i've always wanted to play around with nitrous so i will prob add that before the turbo.

sorry this is a long INTRO post already but i have a few more q's. will i need to change out the stock internals on the h23 if i dont plan on making more that prob 300whp, if and i do mean IF i even go that high, i think i at least want about 250 though i dunno. once i get this project going and learn all i need i believe i will have pretty much everything that's prob the hardest things to get since i have a lot of them just laying around from my dsm, exhaust manifold, 450cc injectors, smic, piping and bov. well any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks and sorry for the long post:smilejap:

·
Registered
217 Posts
dont sweat it till you get it. It sounds like fun but money is a factor and reliability. I wouldn't do nitrous just because it is fake/temperary hp. Go for a turbo kit from greddy and get 7psi or less. If you wanna go 14 psi, then you got lots of work ahead of you, meaning, you gott rebuild your motor and make the bottom end a helluva lot stronger or it'll sling arod out the block. This is just my 2 cents, i would definatly stay away from nitrous.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts