Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sorry for shit quality pic - but i need to know this sensor before i stick the motor back in - this is on my h22a4 - the one on the h22a was broken (courtesy of tigerjapanese and or yellow shipping) so all i need to do is swap them... i hope

but its on the back center of the block just above the hard coolant line that runs into the thermostat housing, its literatly just below the head:

EDIT!!!!!!

THE ISSUE IS SOLVED

the posted picture below is the knock sensor (thanks guys)

to replace it remove it with a deep-well 15/16 socket

be very careful - this is a VERY fragile sensor and DO NOT torque down very hard

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
fuck me... any idea on how to swap these things?

cause im pretty damn sure i need this for the car to run

edit: after searching it seems it just unscrews - wish me luck fellas lol
I don't know if you planned on it already but just in case I would recommend putting the intake mani on before throwing the motor back in, that was the culprit of mine breaking. Yours might have broke from shipping too but it would suck to have to replace it twice. Good luck

·
Registered
151 Posts
yup, knock sensor. Shipping can break it easily. It was broken on my h22a4 that i just put in, i swapped the one on the old engine and all is good. Be careful plugging that back in, you need to get the harness on before the intake manifold (if you have SH and ATTS unit there, its a tight fit, base shouldnt have a problem)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts