Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally finished it...i started this morning and got it done tonight....sorry i have to use a link, my regular server is down right now so i had to use imagestation. For tuning management im using the stock ecu since i havent finished up my obd-1 conversion with a chipped ecu. Im using a homemade FMU out of an old fuel pressure regulator, it really works too which is bad ass, i found a write up on the net so if anyone wants the link just let me know. I retarded my distributor a few degrees with the timing light so i wont blow the thing up, i run kinda rich but its ok cause atleast i know i have fuel. the only thing i dont like about the setup is how harsh of a bend my lower charge pipe has when it goes into the intercooler. i know my setup is ghetto as all get out but really i dont care, i like it and it hauls balls. everything on here is off a 1g DSM. the manifold, turbo, bov, intercooler, charge piping. I have less than 100 bucks into the whole setup and im happy with my homemadeturbo kit. so let me know what u think and enjoy the pics

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3463520093

louie

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if u look closely in the pic of my dirty ass car u can see my entire stock exhaust system i pulled off.....so yes im running straight off the o2 housing, im gonna get a stock 1g dsm downpipe and cut it off about 3 inches from the flange and have an exhaust shop weld on a flex pipe and have the exhaust pipe come out in front of the rear passenger tire.

louie

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
....just another way to reduce the lag lol....So tell us in detail how it runs and drvies, how many gears do you lose traction in, how quick you really think it is, concerns and likes....Pimp dawg I told you itd work, people said NOPe but I said YEP, you said ILL TRY = You came through!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Go fp, nice man good to hear that you didnt care what people thought and did it anyways. Nice man hope you come up with other things like this.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you know...ur right...a write would be nice...i think ill do that on tuesday cause its my day off that day. i have full pics from the beginning so ill have it up later on some time in a seperate thread....oh btw if u noticed my date is wrong on my cam, i just put batterys in it and i didnt set the date....but for all u suckas who said it couldnt be done....well I DID IT!!..lol..anyways thanks guys for ur support.

louie

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
^ why not? It's just a temporary "do it cuz its different, people said it CANT be done, cuz damn shit it's cheap as phawk!" kinda thing....No biggie...I think it's pimp shiet for a play around town and smoke unsuspecting people...Of course youre not gonna want to show people your engine though hahahaha.....Well maybe for laughs, but still it's cool, a turbo setup for under 100 dollars...This HAS to be a 3g world record....The Trophy goes to LOUIE! heh....

·
Registered
731 Posts
Now that is damn cool. I can't believe you managed to get your whole turbo set up in there like that for so cheap!

So I guess all those people who say "I can't afford to go turbo" really have no excuse now eh? With it all costing that much it makes a tubro 3g well within the reach of most of the 3Gs here.

Mad props to you! :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
why did i do it mario....well...mostly because i wanted turbo and it was cheap. 2nd i did it because ppl said it couldnt be done...3rd because its more power...im boosting 8psi right now and i dont get traction til mid 3rd gear. i have decent tires, just not alot of tread left. im sure as i get better tires ill get more grip but then ill wanna turn the boost up to 10psi once i get the fuel pump and injectors put in with the ecu conversion. its kinda fun hittin 3rd, i used to be lucky if i got 3rd gear scratch and having bald ass tires back then...now i spin the living shit out of them going into 3rd gear and i got them bitch's to chirp going into 4th but thats it really and mostly because there not " sticky " tires. if they were sticky i would imagine i get traction sooner but once i up the boost its gonna get worse and worse....on the highway its fawkin fun as all get out.....oh and yes it is a home depot special....where do u think i got that piece of white PVC pipe and also the 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 inch coupler at for the TB. Bad thing is when i was doing mods to make it fit....i knocked a hole in my radiator, but luckily the kid up the street who used to have an 89 si lude had the radiator still....so i called him up and got it off him and put that bitch in...his was new also so now i got something shiny under the hood.

oh and i wouldnt say this thing is unsuspecting.....at idle it sounds like open header idling....and until boost kicks in at 2600 rpms it still sounds like open header and its kinda loud, but it doesnt bother me cause after 2600k it just sounds like turbo spooling from every direction and its pimp shit, it is loud though so thats why im gonna get a custom exhaust made up next week when i can afford it more. well its 6:38 am and im gonna go finish up a few things til i go to work.

louie

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanx for the hosting " hey french ". this way everyone can see it. oh and yea it was apart of my plans to make some ventilation for the IC...ive got hood mods coming soon, got some vents off various cars and im gonna find out which ones i like best. now all i need to do is get some high gloss black paint on it and i wont look as ghetto anymore.

·
12,918 Posts
lol that the most ghetto setup ive seen to date! Thats awesome though that you only paid that much.. but for people who thinks you can pay less than 100$.. he was lucky! You'd prob have to pay a little more than that but still in the end it would prob be cheap.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah....i had to pay for oil lines...manifold and misc wires and clamps, oil and all that other lil bs. I got the turbo, smic, bov and charge pipes off a dsm for free. all i had to do was install the guys new manifold, new turbo, fmic and bov and he gave me his old shit.....bad thing is im smoking the hell out of the neighborhood....fucking thing is eating oil badly...its like dripping out of it when i shut off the car....i meen white smoke everywhere so i think my 5/16 oil line in is too big

louie

ill post the rest up in a new area.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
man you got the elbow for the turbo intake! i can't find one anywhere. And I like how th eturbo fits it just confirms that I mine is gonna work right to. Cause my manifold will put the turbo in the same spot. And i have the downpipe as well. I am gonna use it and cut it after the flex pipe then hook it into my cat myself.

Nice work though and the reaon for why. Cause the checkered flag or the guy you beat doesn't give a shiit what it looks like, now do they?

·
Quasi-AWOL
9,207 Posts
fisher_price said:
oh and yea it was apart of my plans to make some ventilation for the IC...ive got hood mods coming soon, got some vents off various cars and im gonna find out which ones i like best.
it may be overkill but how about a scoop or ram air setup like toofast, right over the IC

and you didn't answer my AC question ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.