Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for some reason my speakers keeps cutting off like when the bass hits it turns off and then the bass stop it comes back on. i have 1 10' Jl w0 and two amps. one for my speakers and one for the sub.

i think i know the problem its cause the amp with the speakers hooked up to it is doing all the work and thats why it get so hot and the second amp that was powering the amp isnt even hot. I know i did the crossovering correct because it was working during the winter.

thanks

pics of the setup

the second amp is behind the sub

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The amp is just overheating/overpowering and just cutting out. Turn down the gain/volume, make sure you're running the speakers within the impedance limits of the amp, and make sure the amps are mounted properly so they can get cooled. They work fine in the winter because it's winter, and it's cold.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah let me try that :smilejap: what is the Turn down the gain/volume

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
the same thing happened to my Lude, except it was the headunit that would cut-off if the volume was too high. Would the solution to my problem be the same as Monkey's or is it something else that the problem? Sorry to jacking your thread. :(

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
xNicoyAx said:
the same thing happened to my Lude, except it was the headunit that would cut-off if the volume was too high. Would the solution to my problem be the same as Monkey's or is it something else that the problem? Sorry to jacking your thread. :(

sorry for the bad pics i took it with my camera phone k750i
No Problem :silly:

the first amp

Second amp

how the whole system looks now

i have a sound clip of it but i dont know how to upload it its a amr audio or 3gpp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts