Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i came across a 88si with 4ws for $300 and thought to myself...eh, i might as well own one.

so i drove down there and checked it out. it had been sitting for 3 years under a tree behind his house.

he said he started to change the headgasket but i guess he just didnt have the time money or even the motivation to finish the job.

so i talked him down to selling me the car for $150 found out that it has sleeve over skunk2 coilovers, aftermarket ricer spoiler, one foglight broken, a little ding on the hood, cracked sunroof, oh and the head is in the passengers seat and the rest is in the trunk, paint is cracked, its an auto, decent interior

:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i towed it to my house, cleaned it a little bit and took some more pics

found out that its got 2.5" exhaust
took some pics of the interior, exhaust and the 4ws

few rust spots:

so i checked out the longblock and found out the head was cracked and i really didnt know what was going on with the short block so i figured i do some more research on this and hey guess what?! i found this site!!!! sooo i read-up and also i was looking for another lude to use and the white one be my parts car... yeah i know its kinda backwards.:plain::plain:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Congrats on the good deal. ...and another VA luder!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Grats on the sweet donar car find. I wished I could find a donar car with 4ws still in it. I would ditch that ricer wing in a heart beat. Maybe you can find someone that would want that on e-bay. I couldn't see if you still had the clock cover or not but the interior looks to be in pretty good shape.

You better watch out or before you know it, you'll be hooked on this car. It's addictive :)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Oh yeah, one more thing, seeing that you are a Honda Tech. you might want to reprogram your brain to understand this car, we are a different breed.

·
Registered
366 Posts
keep that white 4ws and look around for an engine, its really hard to find a 4ws car in that shape for so cheap!!!!

Hey welcome to preludepower.com the best place for all of your 3rd gen prelude information.

I have a 3rd gen prelude addiction that i might need to go to rehab for...
< been putting ____alot of money into it< very nice find btw im very jealous. ive been looking for a cheap 4ws 3rd gen prelude to part the 4ws parts out of for the longest time.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ok so i had to move the car to a spot that i can actually work on her without having anybody bitch so i moved it to my co-workers yard (only spot i could find)

at this time i found another 88lude, 4ws with a b20a in vadriven.com, the owner said it only had surface rust. so i went to take a look at this beast

so i said to myself eh.... hell ill buy it for $500 and drove it home and yes!! i fell in love with this mofo!!! none the less the bitch that sold me this car has not given me the title yet

actually i drove it for about tw0 weeks while planning my strategy and where i wanted to go with it.

so took the right fender, the support thingy behind the bumper and other ends here and there

then the trunk was a little off, i figured it might just be the bumper clips so i took it off and this is what was waiting for me, the bitch told me its fixable but NNNOOOO!!! rust is the only thing holding the bumper on!!!!!

rust spots... bleh he was a liar and his breath stinks!!!!

at least the interior was very clean, aside from the seats

(oh he was actually looking at this thread and IS DICKING me around about the title, so if your reading this, dude shove that shit up your ass! i work at casey honda newport news,va come holla at me! oh and you have my home add since you "lost" the fucking bill of sale, that by the way is a legal doc. that had my add on it! DOUCHE)

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have a spare head and a set of fog lights, let me know if you need. I live about 15 minutes away.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Dam cancer rust. You will be really lucky to find a Lude without rust around the rear fenders, unless you come down to the south. Stay away from any Lude that has been near the ocean. Salt is not our friends :(

It looks like you might be able to merge the 2 Ludes together and sell me the left over 4ws parts :)

Keep the pics comming

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
ok now before i could get the red lude i had to come up with some extra cash so i did some trades and sales, so i had to give up the engine, trans and the suspension of the white lude (kinda am regreting that move) but i guess i had to do what i must....

now my plan is to:
1. swap the b20a from the red one to the white one
2. swap auto to manual
3. transfer suspension components from the red to the white one
4. replace right engine harness (my friend cutted off the connections that goes to the underhood fuse box)
5. while doing the engine swap, i might as well rebuild the engine, the previous owner said its maintained and the timing belt was done at 80k and he said the engine is 90k miles old but i dont really trust the dude at this point so thats new:
6: swap d2j5 from red to white

rings
timing belt kit
rod bearings
top overhaul kit
main bearings
tensioner (eh maybe)
thrust washers
intake overhaul kit
oil pump
rear main seal (leaking)
crank seal
oil pan gasket

right now thats all i can think off if any of you guys have any suggestion, comments, advise or any otherwise they're all welcome:

ok now i really had to let the car sit and actually start working on it. at this time it was around october and i knew it gonna get cold soon and my asian @$$ cannot, let me say that again,. cannot work in cold weather!!!

sooo i said "fuck it, LETs DO IT NOW!!!!"

intake off

exhaust side:

suspect of a well oil machine on the outside:

and finally the head is off!!! yeay!!!

a few shot of the cylinder walls:

tucking everything away for the pull

and shes off hell yeah!!!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
nice work man! its cool to see somebody taking 2 cars and making the best use of them.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Sweet work man! About the cold, just tough it out, the Lude is worth it :)

Are you going to be changing out the cams?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
wouldnt changinf the cams require me to tune it somewhat?
Yes, so, what's the problem :hehe:

What I was really getting at is, is this going to be your fun car or DD?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
ok so moving along

by this time its really getting cold. when you guys say just tough it out, i know the ludes worth it but its just not possible for me, i cant think!!!!

but when waking up to 60degree weather its all work:D

few parts

clutch lines

ok so on to the 5speed swap

the icu

icu location

clutch cables. now i said to myself "what the hell?! how am i gonna get these big old cables out of this little small hole???----oh..... 1 at a time! duh:shock:

now while i was taking the pedals apart i saw that there was all this extra wires thats not on the other lude

i was freaking out at this time thinking to myself- hey did i miss something from the write-up? wahts going on here? this isnt in the white lude!!! WTF!!!!

finally i calm down and followed all this and found this

oem honda alarm! i think i just need a key fob to make it work i dont know gotta research more on that

anyway moving on: i had to remove the brake booster and clutch reservoir to remove the pedals due to the long bolt going through the fire wall

so all pedals, clutch stuff. tree is all out ready to go into the white lude but its really really getting cold so they just have to wait right now ill just focus on the engine

1 - 20 of 665 Posts