Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: removed by Oatmeal

I do not remember posting any of the things that were said so I'm removing everything. I am sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
The old engine? It's probably that your engine is getting lower and lower oil pressure and it's about to seize...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

I do not remember posting any of the things that were said so I'm removing everything. I am sorry for any inconvenience that I've caused.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
NVM... don't worry about that engine. When is your new one arriving? Use this one as your rebuilding project. That motor is done.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I dont know... Why complain about a car that stalls with rod knock?

Sounds like another classic post by David...

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
He posts about a problem but then says why would I waste time trouble shooting when it has rod knock? David, that doesn't make much sense. Why post it here then and have us even think about what the cause could be if you're going to swap it since it's bad? :dontgetit: :confused: :huh2:

And Tommy, time to take off the Viper 4G from your sig! ;)

:smilejap:

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
sounds to me like something is wrong with the IACV...or TPS
I mean, lets think about this. the engine runs with your foot on the gas, correct? what controls the idle when the throttle is closed? the Idle air control motor (valve...) what tells the computer that the throttle is closed? TPS and MAP (mostly the TPS...)
if your TPS voltage is incorrect, the computer doesnt keep the IACV at the correct position.

will the engine start back up after it dies?

are there any DTCs? (stored codes in the ECU...)

I'm sure that a fuel problem would show cold and hot...

91hondaluder said:
I notice my gets lower and lower everytime I get into it
and what the hell does this mean?

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Probably means his idle...I think his engine is in the beginning stages of oil starvation from that knock. His white one did this when the old block was knocking after driving it for several months with it slightly knocking. Time to park and not start it or you'll waste the whole engine!

Is your oil light blinking/on when the car dies/idles? It might go off when you rev it as the oil pump might build enough pressure to go above 9psi (about where the light comes on)...

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
wait...this engine is oil starved?
hello? friction? heat?
no wonder it doesnt idle...

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
tsiah said:
wait...this engine is oil starved?
hello? friction? heat?
no wonder it doesnt idle...
I'm assuming it's being starved now. It does have a knock. Don't know why anyone would start a motor that they know has a bad knock.

But again, that's how mine started dieing...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

I do not remember posting any of the things that were said so I'm removing everything. I am sorry for any inconvenience that I've caused.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Here we go again. I stated my opinion. I'm getting really sick and tired of little babies crying when I give them my opinion or disagree w/ them. :roll: Everything I said is nothing but the truth!

Me grow up... buahahahaha!

I just re-read all my posts...nothing bad. Just asking questions giving my opinion and some truth. So sad...

·
Registered
734 Posts
91hondaluder said:
What is your problem Jason? How old are you again? The reason I posted this because I wondered if it could be a fuel pump problem. Grow up! I also want to get rid of this car because you built it! I finally got everything fixed that was messed up with it.

What are you talking about this just another one of my posts.... then what are the posts of you complaining about me? I guess you are just as bad as me.

I am pulling the motor and don't care if it is something in or on the motor because it is getting swapped like I have said before. I just want to know if it is something like the fuel pump.

Heh... this post is dumb as hell...

An engine that has a loud knocking might not idle right... Maybe because it has trouble turning over as stated above... a rod knock has something to do with a spun bearing or bent rod... Both of those options mean the crankshaft will face much more friction and have difficulty spinning over... Did you think of that? Why would you even wonder about the fuel pump? :jehon: ...

Its like asking if being low on washer fluid will cause your blinkers to go quicker... Something that has no rhyme or reason to be asked when the real answer lies in the most obvious problem... Be it, a dead motor or a busted turn signal...

As for attacking other members of preludepower... Thats just a sad story... If you didnt want the car because this gentleman built it, then why did you buy it from him in the first place? All problems you have ever reported are easy to fix and something that comes with a car older than many of its owners... Heh, even new cars break or have issues... You are just a sad case.... Your expectations are unrealistic and your head is always in the clouds when people try to help you... You only come down to play stupid blame games as nothing could ever come back to you...

Jason is a distinguished member of preludepower and its been a long time since I have seen a post that publicly attacks anyone made by him. Sadly, the ones I saw were always a rebutal to your immature E-Thug attitude...
Nowhere in this post does he overly criticize or publicly attack you... He offers help and even responds to your question.

David, you on the other hand have no one to stand beside... No one who would agree with you or even be able to see the public attack on you... As a matter of fact, I was the one who said its another classic David post... And YOU obviously lived up to our expectations...

BIG :emthdown: to you...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Act like a adult and stop acting like a child! If you don't like me then stop reading my posts! SIMPLE!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Heh... it has nothing to do with liking you as a person... That which I dont usually object to... The world is not out to get you, believe it or not... Its the idea of you jumping to conclusions and posting nonsense for no reason...

This post has been clearly covered as to why it wont idle and that the fuel pump could be bad, but it has nothing to do with it idling at all...

It was simply answered and you were the one who replied very spitefully for whatever reason it was that you snapped... Everyone who read and/or posted acted very mature and simply discredited your idea of the fuel pump being the issue... We came in the post, read it, and replied to offer advice... Nothing more.. The bashing started with you... Its actually that SIMPLE...

I also feel you have no right to be placing judgement as to others maturity... That is all...

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
:stupid:
:shock:

really not surprised at all here.... :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
JTCdudeman said:
I also feel you have no right to be placing judgement as to others maturity...
I have to agree with this statement. We offer help through truth (and at times opinions) w/o any bashing but yet you do (you try to tell us to grow up but the only acting immature is you!).

There really is no talking to you. I've tried to make an effort to be-friend you (a few times) but each time it comes back to bite me in the rear. Not cool :emthdown:

BTW: Your posts are the reason a lot of your threads get locked...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

I do not remember posting any of the things that were said so I'm removing everything. I am sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts