Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently got my hands on a bone stock 1998 Prelude, single owner car bought locally and traded in at the dealership I work in. I couldn't let them scrap a pristine Lude with only 77,014 miles on the odometer. So I saved her from being stripped out on account of a technician (not Honda certified) saying that it needed a new clutch and engine (guess he's never heard Honda valve chatter or driven a Honda clutch) managed to steal the car for 5,100 bones and don't regret it one bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 5th gen hoods all will lean back like that. From what I'm told it's similar to the tech latch position on Integras and Civics (in those cases the hoods have a second spot for the prop rod to hold the hold vertical to make engine work easier) I only lean the hold up like that for power shots or in a shop as a slight breeze will bring that 60 pound slug of metal down at ludacrious speed.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ah no shit they do. You'd think I would have figured that out or remembered since I've swapped hoods on the several times and had mine off a few.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm working on getting the JDM foglight switch bezel because I want to add fogs and the replica panels are ugly as sin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They said it had a bottom end knock. Turns out the knock was a broken bolt on the alternator tensioning bracket. 3 hours and one 10 mil bolt later and it no longer has a squealing belt or knocking sound.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dead giveaway was being able to move the alternator by hand because it wasn't locked down properly

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I made the mistake of panic buying a car once. Never again. I went over it with a fine tooth comb

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice freaking car... Man I would've loved to find a deal like this when I was looking for my lude. I paid more for mine and it was in way worse condition lol.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I made the mistake of panic buying a car once. Never again. I went over it with a fine tooth comb

I panic bought every lude i've owned after a quick look over lol. When the price is right you have to buy. 3rd gen si aws with 100k mint without a test drive. 98 base needed work but price was killer. 98 SH same as base. Would make yall sick if you knew what I had in the SH. The paint will change that though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only thing so far is a Short Ram intake. Planning on picking up an H22A and resleeving it for a nitrous or Centrifugal Supercharger build.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Let us know how it works out. Would love to see a lude w/ a supercharger insead of turbo.
My vote is for a roots type 8-71 GMC blower.

·
Registered
273 Posts
that is a sweet ride, and the fact its white makes me even more envious...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts