Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before:

during:

at some point my dog died:

before adjusting the fronts:

after:

noticeably stiffer ride, but not overwhelmingly so. no rubbing whatsoever except when quickly turning around with the steering wheel at full lock. i'm possibly getting a beefy rear sway bar in the future, but until then, this setup is plenty good enough! i love it!

feel free to post comments, ask questions, or whatever

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice setup Jay, we need to have another meet.
thanks, wayne! i am all up for another meet!

Very nice. Love the drop. You might have to remove those mudflaps now to avoid scraping them.
thanks! i would remove them, but the edges of the flaps have dug into the paint over the years, so removing them would require a respray to look anywhere near decent :emthdown:

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
thanks! i would remove them, but the edges of the flaps have dug into the paint over the years, so removing them would require a respray to look anywhere near decent :emthdown:[/quote]

true, true...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ah Koni's with ground controls :inlove:. Looking good and loving the AP2 wheels too :colgate:.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ hahh thanks! i'll trade you for your baller-status D&G interior! so sick

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
450 front, 300 rear. i know it sounds soft, but i'm not going to be racing it or anything. and with the Konis just set halfway, i can already feel that the ride is stiffer than before. also, if i ever feel the need for better handling, i can always get a bigger rear sway bar.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You're rates are pretty close to double what stock is so the balance of the car should be somewhat similar to stock. Of course the spring rates make for far less body roll and more predictable handling. That is a good amount of drop with those spring rates too. Did you shave the bump stops at all?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are the wheels a regular set or are the 4 fronts? what size tires are you running on them?
set of fronts; 17x7, +55, 225/45 tires, no rubbing

dang jay. looks good man. cant wait to get my set up in soon :D
thanks! it'll make a world of difference!

You're rates are pretty close to double what stock is so the balance of the car should be somewhat similar to stock. Of course the spring rates make for far less body roll and more predictable handling. That is a good amount of drop with those spring rates too. Did you shave the bump stops at all?
yea, i hit an on-ramp today out of habit and thought the car seemed awfully stable and flat... then i remembered i had these installed. it's amazing the difference i can already feel. and yea, i cut the bump stops in half, as instructed by the Koni install sheet, or the GC install sheet... whichever, i can't remember.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gud job mang, how much u spent for all? I'm thinking bout getting that setup
$125 per shock from neuspeed, pre-shortened 20mm
$0 shipping
$340 for the set of GC's, any spring rates you want
$not much shipping

total came out around $860-ish maybe?

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Very nice. You should look into gettin the GC top hats for them. Will give you 25mm more shock travel. Does the front bounce at all?!?Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice. You should look into gettin the GC top hats for them. Will give you 25mm more shock travel. Does the front bounce at all?!?
nope, front doesn't bounce. and i doubt i'll need top hats, i'm not planning on dropping it further. besides, i thought GC top hats didn't fit on 5th gens b/c of hood clearance?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
About those mud flaps Jay. I removed mine and have and the same outline in the paint but it's not bad (maybe you noticed at the meet). As long as it not down to bare metal you should be fine. I got used to it basically. Also if you're planning on getting the oem lip kit (which I hope) then you must remove the flaps.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i kinda like the factory-matched SH skirts and rear lip, and i was considering painting mine, at which point i'd want to get rid of the awkward mudflaps... but then that goes right back to the worn spots. and if they haven't worn to the metal, they're pretty damn close. i'm still undecided on what i'm going to do about them, if anything at all.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Well I pm a sponsor on H-T about them and they didn't say anything about them not fitting. They just told me it would be $245 shipped for them and $845 shipped for the koni/GC setup. But with mine I'm having the fronts cut 1 inch so that's $230 each strut.Posted via Mobile

1 - 20 of 76 Posts