Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appearantly am now the owner of a 98 Prelude. Not quite sure how this happened, I am a pretty die-hard E46 fanatic. I guess weirder shit has happened.

It's my first Honda, which I know very little about, generally speaking.

Today I diagnosed the IACV as the source of my ridiculous idle issue. So I cleaned it, reinstalled it and it slowly got better. So tomorrow I'll replace it.

Anyway, it's a 5 speed. Has 170K. It's a hideous grey-green color I don't think is stock, and the previous owner spilled something "Not unlike but not necessarily Miso soup." in/around the center console so... I get to detail it tomorrow to rid the funky smell.

I'm interested to read about your builds and repair advice. Anyone with any words of wisdom as I get into my first Prelude is welcome and encouraged to share. I could use the direction.

F

·
Registered
3 Posts
I appearantly am now the owner of a 98 Prelude. Not quite sure how this happened, I am a pretty die-hard E46 fanatic. I guess weirder shit has happened.

It's my first Honda, which I know very little about, generally speaking.

Today I diagnosed the IACV as the source of my ridiculous idle issue. So I cleaned it, reinstalled it and it slowly got better. So tomorrow I'll replace it.

Anyway, it's a 5 speed. Has 170K. It's a hideous grey-green color I don't think is stock, and the previous owner spilled something "Not unlike but not necessarily Miso soup." in/around the center console so... I get to detail it tomorrow to rid the funky smell.

I'm interested to read about your builds and repair advice. Anyone with any words of wisdom as I get into my first Prelude is welcome and encouraged to share. I could use the direction.

F
Im interested in seeing what you do with the beast, I also now own a 98, 5 speed, keep us updated :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Will do. :)

I jumped the gun a little by believing the IACV was the source of my problem, (it's totally not!) thus I've been elbows deep in that issue & haven't gotten to do anything fun yet. -- Queue Sad Trombone --

This should be interesting... adjusting to Japanese from Bavarian. Crossing my fingers, wish me luck!

F

1 - 3 of 3 Posts