Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i started on my red gauges last night.

i started off by trying just the painting hte bulbs and blue plastic piece above needles. but i had major hot spots. some spots even looked white.

so i decided to take a slightly diff approach to this.

1. im using red LEDs instead of bulbs in my cluster from www.superbrightleds.com

specs:

12VDC Red 1-LED Wedge Base Bulb (194/168 type)
Available with Wide Viewing Angle (as shown here) or Round tipped Narrow Viewing Angle LED
$ 0.89

these will directly replace the bulbs in my cluster

i masked off the gauges and painted the backs of them

-----------------------
im waiting for my LEDs to come in they should be here in a day or 2.

im lookin to get a 88-89 cluster to practice indiglo needles on so i can do all the needles unlike the walkthrough so i can completely eliminate overhead lighting

i want to get soem gauge rings from volks but he hasnt repsonded my PMs in the past week or so.

ill post pics of the LED backlighting once i get them in.

EDIT

So i fergot to add im also redding out my taillights.

all i have to do now is clearcoar them and they are done. ill post pics of the finished product sometime tomorrow

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im hoping lol.

i love cheap mods =)

im hoping i can get the indiglo needles to work so i can get rid of the "tacky" overheadlighting.

if these LEDs are bright enough they have some otehrs that i could try btu its almost double the cost for the others. i only spent liek 8.60 on these.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Do those LED's just go into the same socket as a direct replacement to a stock bulb?

Edit. Nevermind I can't read. This seems like the right way to go about replacing the stock green color. Nice find
(Not that the custom ways people have done it before is bad)

Are some of the dash bulbs not 2 sizes? I dont really remember. Are these LED replacements available in both sizes?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brentm said:
Do those LED's just go into the same socket as a direct replacement to a stock bulb?

Edit. Nevermind I can't read. This seems like the right way to go about replacing the stock green color. Nice find
(Not that the custom ways people have done it before is bad)

Are some of the dash bulbs not 2 sizes? I dont really remember. Are these LED replacements available in both sizes?
they are in fact available in both sizes.

the 88-89 clusters have 4 big bulbs
the 90-91 have 2 big 2 small.

my car is an 88

1 - 6 of 6 Posts