Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,so basically my evo catback is getting old,and the muffler's insulation rotted out,all of it..i pulled out chunks of black insulation from the inside(nasty),i think the piping is 2.5 inches,i want to just buy a new muffler thats as quiet as possible and slap it on,the car is wayyy too loud even at 2k rpm's,im hoping the resonators are still ok tho. What mufflers would you guys recommend? as long as it does not fart can noise i will be ok with it,and it doesnt have to help performance wise since a catback only does 10 hp tops right

·
Registered
458 Posts
my apexi n1 sounds really nice and pretty low and deep on low rpms until u hit high revs

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
There is nothing quiet about an N1 muffler.

I would say the apexi WS would be a good quiet muffler, dunno about fitment however.
x2 or get mugen replica, or rell mugen FTW:headbang:

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Mine is starting to do this too and Im interested in the mugen style muffler cuse I wanna keep the greddy piping without having to get a whole new system

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i agree,im considering the obx twin loop muffler,not really sure how it would sound,as long as its not loud or raspy,but im also not sure if it matters that i have 2.5 inch piping or are mufflers universal to almost any pipe?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wow haha! i chopped off my muffler for the evo2 system and installed a twin loop replica...=P i had the exact same setup that you're talking about...but the replica shit was too cheap on my car x__x and my resonator gave out...something about the evos =s

but if i were to ever get another exhaust...it'd be the tanabe hyper medallion =P

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so was the twin loop replica too loud after the resonators gave out?...and it seems the N1 is loud depending on opinions,the magnaflow might be quiet enought though because i had a friend with one,sht was fast and was way quiet

·
Registered
562 Posts
nah it was still quiet until you smashed on it lol!

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
i really wanna get the twin loop, did they have to weld in hangers to work?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts