Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as i was driving on my way home last night, my CEL came on, so i figured id check it out. Its the o2 after the cat, so my cat is prolly clogged or somethin. i was gonna take it off and clean it, but my bolts are completely rusted out, does anyone know the size/thread/pitch and all that of the bolts so i can replace em and not be overpriced by Honda to by new ones?

Oh my cars a 99 Base if that helps.

Thanks,
Kyle

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
They are two seprate codes. One is for the cat which I believe is a PO420? The other is for the actual 02 sensor. So if you have a code for the 02 sensor, then your 02 sensor is bad.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PO420 was the code the OBD2 diagnostic check had on it. plus my car is gettin a bit sluggish so its prolly just the cat, i need to replace the bolts anyway, they are stripped and rusted out so i gotta cut em out and get new ones anyway

·
Registered
71 Posts
The bolts to the cat are welded to the cat itself. i just replaced mine with a highflow cat from magnaflow. If your looking to get a new cat. cut the rusted bolts off (flange side obviously) if u get another honda cat then u just need to buy nuts and if not then nuts and bolts... most have the flanges thru bolted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts