Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are pics of my Carbon Fiber Wrapped Gas Door Lid..

I will post pics with it mounted as soon as i can...

I will start a group buy to see if anybody is interested..

I got it from a seller on ebay and ironiclly he knows a lot about the 3rd gen.

This is what he told me.

"YEah i had H22 and this is about 7 - 8 years back! I still have pictures only could run 13.4 on quatermile and that was at 8 PSI and 40 shot nitrous. 1/8 mile was ridiculos like 11 seconds THis is on street tires of corse soon i slap the slicks the axles went puff! i did my engine mounts myself back then we didnt had anyone making motormounts ill try find them pictures and email you some too. im on backup PC still otherone fryed.

AS for pricing tell you what let me know what the pricerange you guys looking for ill see what i can do. I like to Work for people like me. Not get rich out people like me..
thats why you see my items at so low prices compared to other dealers doing same job with less quality materials and almost double prices.

anyway let me know what ballpart the guys looking to pay for the parts. I beliave i have molds for the door trim pillars made them while back 3-4 years will have do check fitment but if anything then will make new ones ok.

as for the dooor trim and the headlight covers if i remeber them right im pretty sure i can do Full replacements out CF ill probably have 1 layer or fiberglass to give it more strenght at reducing the price but if anyone is interested in having it cover in 3 layers of CF im up for it. however price will be 2x times or so.

for cosmetic the covers can be done with fiberglass as core to reduce pricing that how all hood and trunk, spoilers are done these days. unless you specify you want it Full race or all Out CF which i seen hoods go for $1000 4-5 layers of CF. like my SRT-4 hood =) 9 pounds with full frame anyway let me know what you want do.
pictures ill do on weekend should have other PC up and running by then"

I've started this off first on my scion forum.. to see how it goes.. and i've got tons of people wanting these on the scion forum... and i kno most people on the 3rd gen forum.. aren't that interested but i just wanted to post it up..

On the scion forum i'm getting full cf carbon fiber gas lids made.. cost more then the cf layed... it cost $90 for a full cf for the scion tc and for the lude it cost me $60 and thats already including the gas door.. i assume a bit cheaper if i had provided him with a gas door already...

Alika will most likely handle the cf pillar gb and i may do the gas door lid and head light covers.. just wanted to post this up to see some interest.. it will be a few weeks till the scion one is finished so he can start on the prelude gb.

Remember it is for cosmetic purposes only..... and its cf so the price isn't gonna be really cheap.. i'll try to do the best i can to get the price lower.

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
i may be down for some C/F headlight covers and gas door, depending on when it goes down, and what my financial situation is like.

your gas door lid is PIMP :emthup:

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
HEADLIGHT COVERS. Do this for us and you'll have free hand jobs for a year. Uh, from Fly.

--J

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
butterthegreat said:
WTH? Are you trying to mock my Gas Lid?? :wzbigcry:
LOL!!

i haven't seen pics of butters gas door.. what does it look like?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jdm89ludesi said:
I'm interested...if the price is right for me at the time. Ever considered making carbon fiber door handles? Don't know how this would sell or go, just an opinion.
that would be kool.. but hard and i would be scared to break them or anything.. be pretty expensive to wrap though.. since it has plenty of curves..

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I talked to the guy jay is doing the gb with and I am going to as jay said head up the pillar gb when he can do it. so yeah jay is going to be getting the prices this week. So we will update you all soon as we get them. oh and the pillars and head light covers are going to look like the ones i was going to be getting from some other company. if u all want pics i will post them.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
Well, I don't care where they're coming from. I desire CF headlight covers, and that's all there is to it.

Alika, I think we've all seen 'em, but why not go ahead and post the pics again? Maybe more people will be into it this time, and maybe that will mean the prices will be lower...

--J

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
tru i found the prices to be pretty ridiculous on the B pillars even though i wanted them badly. i'm with everyone else on the group buy if the "Price is Right." Found out them prices Bob Barker i mean Jay.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.