16,451 Posts

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i wos driling rotors, it's quite easy to do.
my car is 90y 3gen ex lude, model after lifting. it wos b20a3 in auto, now it has b20a5 in manual on board.

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Cool!

88SE has NSX Caliper with MG ZR Discs and they are very nice! Thats what I would do if I had the cash and know how!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
calipers are from 93y honda legend 3.2 coupe, they are very similar to nsx calipers, but surface of pistons is bigger, so bigger power of breaking

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
guma said:
calipers are from 93y honda legend 3.2 coupe, they are very similar to nsx calipers, but surface of pistons is bigger, so bigger power of breaking
Did you have to use shims/spacers to get the caliper to line up correctly with the rotors though/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
only spacers are in calipers, vtec rotors are thiner then legend so i use old pads, as you can se on pictures, the rest wos almost just bolt on ( i have to change hubs from b20a3 to b20a5, habs are different)

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
guma said:
only spacers are in calipers, vtec rotors are thiner then legend so i use old pads, as you can se on pictures, the rest wos almost just bolt on ( i have to change hubs from b20a3 to b20a5, habs are different)
you used used pads? they look new to me...
can you get pictures of the spacers?

I'm doing this swap eventually...good stuff :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Welcome guma ;)
Nice work. Tell them who told you how to do it :lol:

tsiah said:
you used used pads? can you get pictures of the spacers? how much did you spend on this swap?
He used old pads to make spacers as you can see on this pic

From what he says on PTP forum it went somewhere around $150-200

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Fly, I used to run that set-up a good many years ago now. Moved on to NSX stuff as Greg mentioned.

guma said:
That is actually wrong.
Yes they do have slightly bigger pistons but that does not give them greater braking forces .
They require more fluid movement hence actually feel worse at the pedal for no more braking force. (and yes I have tried them so I do know this for a fact)

BTW you do not need to use spacers behind the brake pads, they work perfectly well without them.

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
volks said:
Welcome guma ;)
Nice work. Tell them who told you how to do it :lol:

He used old pads to make spacers as you can see on this pic

From what he says on PTP forum it went somewhere around $150-200
ah...I misunderstood what he said
the spacers are IN the calipers :emthup:

·
Registered