Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!!
New to the group, just joined in.
I have just discovered this group and i have read alot of articles from you guys and i love this community very much already!
Here are a few photos of how she looked a year ago when I bought it from NL

And here is how she looks now!

She is my daily driver project car, i love this thing to the max even if it is not as fast as a h22a8 Vtec JDM prelude.
But i would like to know from the guys that own f20a4 ludes, how did you make them faster? I鈥檓 thinking of going turbo with low comp then build engine and head completely and then bigger turbo higher comp. Has anyone got a turbo f20? Any toughts on this ideea ?
Would it be better to swap to H22? Pricewise i think they would be equal but bigger engineswaps are illegal over here 馃ズ.

Attachments

Administrator
Welcome!

That factory motor choice was not available for the majority of us here in the states. However we did have 2 members years ago that were from overseas with the option. A small turbo setup is likely your best option but i'm honestly not very familiar with the aftermarket availability with that specific motor.

Looks like you're off to a good start. Keep reliability over go fast if it's a daily.

Reactions: DavidB

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome!

That factory motor choice was not available for the majority of us here in the states. However we did have 2 members years ago that were from overseas with the option. A small turbo setup is likely your best option but i'm honestly not very familiar with the aftermarket availability with that specific motor.

Looks like you're off to a good start. Keep reliability over go fast if it's a daily.
Thank you so much!

Registered
Nice! I bought mine last November. Same color, B91M. Also sporting the F20A4. So far i`ve replaced the air intake, since the old one was cracked, angel eyes headlights, and not much more. Debating if i should turbo it or do a H22 swap. I`ve never done an engine swap, and currently dont have a place to do it, but from what i read on other forums and websites, it IS possible to increase the HP on our F20A4, but H22 or H23 swap is much better as they have ~200HP stock already. Turbo would be easier for me to do, but engine swap would be better in the long run.

Atleast here in NL i can find not much after market parts for the F20A4, other than cold air intake, and a turbo kit.

Registered
Great looking car. For the money going H23 or F20 is the best bang for the buck option, along with reliability.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! I bought mine last November. Same color, B91M. Also sporting the F20A4. So far i`ve replaced the air intake, since the old one was cracked, angel eyes headlights, and not much more. Debating if i should turbo it or do a H22 swap. I`ve never done an engine swap, and currently dont have a place to do it, but from what i read on other forums and websites, it IS possible to increase the HP on our F20A4, but H22 or H23 swap is much better as they have ~200HP stock already. Turbo would be easier for me to do, but engine swap would be better in the long run.

Atleast here in NL i can find not much after market parts for the F20A4, other than cold air intake, and a turbo kit.
same, aftermarket support for our engines is pretty limited but there are some parts that can help us make more power but only with forced induction. I decided that the route i鈥檓 going on is turbo because in my case it is cheaper to buy the turbo and run low boost until i get my engine rebuilt. I鈥檝e talked to a guy in Bulgaria that did an H swap as well as a turbo apliccation, he sold his H swapped prelude to get money to rebuild his turbo F20a4, right now he sitting at 400+ bhp with sleeved block, pistons, cams etc. I know that the F series is really hard to kill if you give it oil and maintain it regularly even with forced induction...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts