Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my b20 threw a rod and i have a obd2 ls 1.8, what would i have to do to swap this in?
is the b20a transmisson the same?
can u use a b20 head on that block or use the engine harness of the b20 and ecu?
im a girl so im trying to figure this out thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
holy shit, please make it stop :crazy:

custom motor mounts, axles, lots of $ and time, custom wiring harness etc.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Preludes and Integras are totally different. the B20A tranny will not fit your B18 LS block. As for your situation i say if you have suffient funds by a jdm b20 an drop it in or rebuild your buttom end. Which ever one you find fit.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
get a junkyard b20a5 and either just drop it right in or rebuild it and drop it in. or if you can afford it, get a jdm b20a and drop that in.

theres no other motors you can put in your lude without a LOT of custom work and money, other then the b21a1. but i dont recommend that.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
you need custom mounts, custom axles, a complete LS OBD2 Harness, ECU, time.

You want to do the hard thing... which is to swap. and again.. its the hard thing.

get another B20a and swap it in.

you CANT swap the heads, or anthing else engine/drivetrain related between these two engines.. ESPECIALLY considering there OBD differences....

just give up your quest now. its not worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pulled the engine yesterday. dose the 2nd gen lude have the b20a? can i get a short block form one of those? the local yards never have any 3g lude's but tuns and tuns of 2g ludes

I figured that i would have to make mounts i just wish that the trans would bolt up. but thanks for the help

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,348 Posts
Second gen Preludes have a different B20A that will not work with a third gen. The whole thing is kinda bogus.

--J

·
I RULE YOU!!
1,750 Posts
Join the club... My 4th prelude threw a rod that blew straight through my block and radiator. Just swapped the block out and was on the road in less than a week.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not just all the custom mounts and axles but the whole oiling of the LS motor. It is not setup to be slanted back like the B20a or a5. (kinda thought that was important since no one said it.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts