Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've seen all the action with led tail lights and rear turn signals and decided i would try making the front turn signals with led strips too (not that i have the brake or rear turn in led) so here it is ....cheap 18 led strip should be 6" long wire it to turning wires and put it in signal housing....secure it and walla looks nice cant get a good shot with the individual leds on the car but you get the idea

[URL="http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/dreamreaperx/?action=view&current=jan16020.flv"]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Man..your in Miami too.. where u at!! j/k j/k.. nice work.. but can you see the led's in the daytime? does it look crappy? because they obviously look bad ass at night.. and i doubt any cops will mess with you bout not haveing amber turning sig's here in MIAMI..gotta love it=)

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
nice and bright

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the comments guys...they are actually fine here in miami cops arent bothered by non amber turns....they are actually bright white not blue, looks bluish in pics...they look great during the day as well...after seeing how good they looked, i was thinking about turning them into city lights (1st click of lights) , it would look just like the audi style only problem is i'd have to make another kind of turn signal

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
man if you can make those stay on like the audi head lights and blink when you need to... sexy. Maybe just less bright and smaller degree in lightning angle.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice! What did you use to secure it?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
man if you can make those stay on like the audi head lights and blink when you need to... sexy. Maybe just less bright and smaller degree in lightning angle.
i wanted to figure out how to make them stay on then blink but i dont quite know how to go about this i heard it would have to be dual filament led, but not sure if they make that...so im stumped any input?

Nice! What did you use to secure it?
i slid the strip in through the hole and the closer it gets to the other side the tighter it gets...i squeezed it as far as i could go then for the part that the regular bulb sits i notched out a little piece of plastic so the wires could run thru and put the stock bulb holder that has the rubber ring to keep out moisture back on and with that it sits perfectly still

1 - 20 of 102 Posts