Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am on my way home just mindin my own business then bam i get my prelude high centered on a snowbank. (e-braking corners was too tempting with the icy conditions) i tried rockin it back and forth and it wouldn't budge so i ran home(3 blocks away) and got my dads trusty 4 wheel drive bronco.

i go to the spot and attach a rope to the two vehicles and try pulling the lude out and the rope comes unattached so i get out leaving the bronco running, and start attaching the rope. Out of the blue the bronco just dies and i was like okay i will just start it when i am done with the rope, <b>big</b> mistake.

I smell burning rubber and look to see smoke spewing out from under the hood of my dads nice beautiful bronco. i quick open the hood and the air filter and spark plug wires are on fire, i quick throw some snow on the flames to put them out. So once the fire was extinguished here i am with two vehicles stuck in the middle of the fuckin road useless. none of my family answered their phones but luckily a woman was driving by and she went and got another guy to help get the lude off the snowbank. after about half an hour of rigorous digging and such we got it off and pushed the bronco to the curb side.

I am currently waiting for my dad to get into town from work at which time i will get mad chastisement.

Hooray!

I will take some pictures of the engine bay once i get the bronco home.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
damn maybe I should lay off the e brake sliding right now... haha I got a shit ton of snow here too.

Sorry to hear this story

·
Registered
175 Posts
damn maybe I should lay off the e brake sliding right now... haha I got a shit ton of snow here too.

Sorry to hear this story
I hear that I am about an hour south of you in Longview snowx2!!!!

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Damn looks like your buying your dad a new distributor and wires... sorry to hear about it man, shit happens.

ididdy good to see another washington state guy on here, I'm in Pullman right now and the roads are terrible and I gotta make it over the pass in my car on friday.... I also know a few people from Longview.

·
Registered
217 Posts
damn man sry to hear..that sux....at least ur lude is okay now but good luck with the bronco........ive been in similiar situations wit my clk...fkin rear wheel drive sux in the snow and my front bumpers about 2 inches off the ground and was bein used as a snowplow yesterday.......but it isss mad fun lol..was doin donuts in the jobs parkn lot last nite haha........
lude is sittin in the garage with fresh paint dry as a bone

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i drive down a mountain everyday to go to work and the roads can get icey... so it scares the shit out of me with my lude... i feel for ya bro

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bronco man. Hopefully your dad doesn't beat you to bad haha jkin man. I wish my lude was RWD so i wouldn't have to worry about the e-brake but owell. Atleast where i live (Canadian prairies) curbs don't exist anymore due to the amount of snow we have :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just a new distributor some vaccuum lines and plug wires for the bronco, im driving my crappy si auto lude for the winter. my red one has been sittin in the garage all winter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
that sucks man I wish i could drive my lude in the snow lol but i have a huge hole in my radiator so im stuck driving my Toyota Pickup

·
Registered
341 Posts
^RWD would suck in the snow.
I'm still use to my old RWD car and i'm still in the process of learning the whole E-Brake concept. I like RWD but i know FWD is far more superior for winter driving.

ps - Is the bronco running yet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts