Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. I posted under the newbie section if you need some info. Thought I would post the pics. Best time after 2 runs on completly stock motor and broken traction bars was 1.76 60' 13.6 1/4 @96 :|
Heres pics.. just painted recently.. Cant wait to get the new front end finished.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
bad ass, and nice times :emthup:

·
Registered
819 Posts
weight reduction at its finest. Awesome 60'

·
Registered
513 Posts
hey, welcome to the forum, car looks sick my friend
i think you might be the only (of all active users t least) full race prelude on the forums
fabriction looks sick, nice work on the interior and engine,

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
cool to see someone doing this with a lude :emthup:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
cgm12mgc said:
rwd or fwd? and rear mount or front mount engine? either way looks awesome! only way to have done it better... would been to have used a 3rd gen as the basis to build off of!
judging by the tires and the location of the engine.....ummm....i'll let you rethink that one...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
... well i cant really tell where the engine is, however, if it is front wheel drive i dont understand why he put the larger wheels on the front....

i would have gone with the 14's or w/e those rear ones are on which ever wheels are powering the car

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It is Front engine /fwd in stock location. I almost went rear wheel but it was taking to long just to get to this oint. The front wheels are a set of 15"s I bought with m/t's. They were a temporary to get me to the track last year since I got the car ready at the end of the yr and had only one track session. The fronts have si brakes on it so I can fit a 13" rim with my 25" m/t's the rears are off an integra. They were the skinniest I could find at the time. I think they are 14". Im going to order the weld magnum imports for the front (13") and rear (15). Hopefully I will get the car ready by the end of next week and get some more times on it and take it back to the dyno. I plan on going to nopi in st louis. so if any of you are around in june you can come check it out.. Im trying to find some more races to go to but its hard to find some around here that dont require full interior.:Rock: Thanks for the compliments!!

and the picture at the strip looks like I have tall wheels but I didnt have the shocks adj high enough and the car bottomed out in the rear.:evil smile: I ended up blowing up my tokico blues in the front that day :) I have comptech 15 way adj in the rear and kyb adj's in the front.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I see you have a thing for fourth gens.I like what you did with the interior.Great custom fabrication.Looks good and clean as well.I know it was pretty damn hard to gut it.Not an easy task on a fourth gen.Keet it up.Finally an official drag racer for the fourth gens.If Tony baker were to racer you I would def. pay to see that one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i love what i'm seein.. i can't wait to see what times you make in the future

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should have no problem with running mid 12's on this stock setup. I just havnt made a full pass yet. :) After Imake it into the 12's I am going to throw cams and a few bolkt ons to get the 11's.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Very interesting, but i def like it. Like the others i am looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
very nice and the race between him and tony would be good. i also agree that it could have been better as a 3rd gen.:turn: very interested to see what it does in the future. keep up the good work:emthup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts