Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is wen i first got it!!
A18a1 dual carb

·
Registered
754 Posts
are you in the united states, cause i see you have the jdm base decklid spoiler, i have one to, i just havnt put it on yet but it looks so good

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
this is wen i first got it!!
A18a1 dual carb
Wow, everytime I see a pic of a stock DX with the spaghetti still there it makes me cringe! Your ride definitely has possibilities tho! I'm also totally diggin the stock spoiler on the trunk. :) If it's running good, you should check out my vacuum line removal write-up in the How To's. Also, if you want more power, check out rjudgey's write-up on carb mods and maybe do the airbox mod to it... ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, everytime I see a pic of a stock DX with the spaghetti still there it makes me cringe! Your ride definitely has possibilities tho! I'm also totally diggin the stock spoiler on the trunk. :) If it's running good, you should check out my vacuum line removal write-up in the How To's. Also, if you want more power, check out rjudgey's write-up on carb mods and maybe do the airbox mod to it... ;)
i was thinkin about droppin a h22a down in it.....all this car needs is a fuel pump to run.its got 246k miles on it....i want to go for something with more power and lower miles

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
i was thinkin about droppin a h22a down in it.....all this car needs is a fuel pump to run.its got 246k miles on it....i want to go for something with more power and lower miles
That would be pretty f'n sweet! It would definitely be a VERY difficult swap due to the size difference between the A-series and H-series engines. Not a whole lot of room in there to do it, but with enough time, money, and ambition it can be done. Everything would have to be custom made tho, just to warn ya.... :)

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Nice, Ineed a 2g in my life, hope you get round to repainting it white, looks like a good project though, also that spoiler turned up on the uk 2g's also.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
2G ludes

Yep you sure do Greg!! Missing out on loads of fun!! Mind you i would quite like a lude from each gen but i think i've got my hands full with all my 2G's at the moment lol!! Although i wouldn't mind a late model 3rd gen and a 5th gen never quite liked the 4th gen though never looked like a prelude where as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th all look similar if you get what i mean. Would like to tinker with a 5th and it's H22 just a shame they are so heavy compared to the 2G's!! Shame 3rd gens are getting harder and harder to find nice ones off and then you have the whole issue of lack of parts bit better than a 2G i know but not a lot!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, Ineed a 2g in my life, hope you get round to repainting it white, looks like a good project though, also that spoiler turned up on the uk 2g's also.
im going to get it repainted but its gonna be flat black .....sleeper style haha.....yea im going to put alot in her and she deserves it lol (my girls going to kill me lol)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was looking about the air box mod and some other stuff i looked up and im really diggin it makes me wanna keep the A18 n rebuild it

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
your missing out get a 2nd g

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
i was looking about the air box mod and some other stuff i looked up and im really diggin it makes me wanna keep the A18 n rebuild it
That's good! I think a person can get a fair amount of reliable power out of the A18 if it's built right. It's all just a matter of how much you want to/can afford to spend. Just changing to a bigger cam and putting a pair of Webers on can really give you a decent amount of gain. And of course there's always the boost idea.... ;)

·
Registered
754 Posts
That's good! I think a person can get a fair amount of reliable power out of the A18 if it's built right. It's all just a matter of how much you want to/can afford to spend. Just changing to a bigger cam and putting a pair of Webers on can really give you a decent amount of gain. And of course there's always the boost idea.... ;)
i agree no need for the h22 hassle unless you are looking for an insane amount of power in which case i would say go b-series because the swap would be much easier and cheaper compared to an h, also i didnt know that that spoiler was available as an option in the USA

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
I need a 2g B20 with 160bhp, that would be so nice in white with those funky 5 spoke style OEM alloys.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i agree no need for the h22 hassle unless you are looking for an insane amount of power in which case i would say go b-series because the swap would be much easier and cheaper compared to an h, also i didnt know that that spoiler was available as an option in the USA
yea i was thinking about the b20a to...i appreciate the help!!

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
2G lude

Silly Greg of course i got one!! LOL!! Really need to get a life bad enough having a carbed and PGMFI but having all 3 models is a little obsessive lol!!

I have one but needs quite a bit of TLC good for a track day car but would need a lot of work for resto project. You do see a few come up here and there that are in good nick worth keeping an eye on ebay every few days if your serious about it. I can help you find one, and have stacks of parts and knowledge that would help you out big time. Expect to pay £100-£200 for a wrecker that is road legal just that can be trashed £400-800 for one in a reasonable condition thats been looked after most it's life with MOT and tax, £1k plus for a minter with low mileage. Haven't seen too many SI's with low miles and really really mint if one turns up it's mine!! But i paid £1750 for my Red EX with 30k on the clock which was like a brand new car it is possible to pay less but i wasn't going to argue as finding a manual EX is like so hard seen plenty of auto's but no manuals before!! Easy enough to convert though, you do know it's cheaper and quicker to get more power from the carbed car though don't you????

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
I know there is some "dood" round here with a B20 2g and he has ruined it with POS bodykit and impreza bonnet vent, offset for the bulge naturally! I only ever see it parked outside his kebab shop, say no more!

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
2g lude

Shame i hope it was full of rust!!
Amazing how some people can lack so much taste!! Style auto bodykit isn't too bad and it's still available as are the very period wheels they did quite cool saw one in essex gold it was looked worse in pics but actualy wasn't bad in real life just a shame he rolled the arches and did nothing about the cracked paint so all the rust had creeped up inside the paint all that for some very tastefull 3 spoke 17" alloys which had the wrong offset on them!! Numpty!! And he wanted £3k for it!! Yeah right don't think so buster shame was really mint with 30k on the clock and a custom hayward and scott exhaust as he new the owners!! He threw the janspeed header and system away cause it was too noisy!! Idiot!! Would have paid him £500 for that alone!!

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Yes it is a real shame and he is old enough to know better he looks about 50 but you see all his much younger family members driving it.......badly! And the body looks pretty straight apart from all the glue on one side where a side skirt has fell off and a badly matched sky blue paint job. It get on my nerves thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts