Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car wont start. we changed out the alternator and the battery. still no starting, turn the ignotion, not a sound. no power at all only thing that will work is the headlights pop up, but no light. some people told me that the terminal connectors for the battery might be too much corrosion, could this be? or what else could the problem be.

i need help, let me know

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can clean your battery posts and cables. Sounds like a bad ignition switch. You can try and take it apart and clean the contacts. Be carefull of the 4 springs inside.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea that could be it, i need to get some corrosion cleaner or something like that. it's like when you turn the key nothing happens, at all.

·
Registered
814 Posts
but you should still get light from your headlights even with a bad ignition switch, i see your from new orleans, any chance your replaceing your batt and alt cause your car was under water? it could definatley be your terminals, make sure the wires going to them aren't broken... i see that alot

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
my82lude said:
but you should still get light from your headlights even with a bad ignition switch, i see your from new orleans, any chance your replaceing your batt and alt cause your car was under water? it could definatley be your terminals, make sure the wires going to them aren't broken... i see that alot
it wasn't underwater cause i bought it from metairie (it's right outside of new orleans, like a sub division) and where it was didn't flood. i guess kevan (97preludeno) will check it out this week. AND GIVE BACK MY VALVE COVER, haha. and we gonna go get the terminals.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
stereo said:
have you checked the main fuse ? theres 2 big fuses under the hood 65a and a 35a one .
yea kevan checked those i think. there all good. it's gotta be a loose wire, or the terminals, or the ignition switch. i'm just guessing that some connection isn't properly connected. we'll see

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
have you checked all the major earths?
might just be a dodgy earth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts