Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it from rzeller about 2 weeks ago. I immediately replaced the wires, cap, and rotor and that helped smooth it out some. Here it is on day 1

Next step was to take care of the floating radio. I designed the box in my head, and my dad helped me bring it into being. I also worked in a Taurus cup holder. Mounts in the stock location and looks pretty good

After some searching around, I found craigb's post about '85 Accord brakes and went to pull some today. Grabbed them along with some Koito headlights just like it had in 1980. Next step is to get some rotors and outer tie rods. Maybe paint someday

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love that woodgrain look that you incorporated in your car... just messing with you. Thumbsup for the addition of the cup holders... good luck with your project.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
haha that's ghetto, but i love it!

you're so lucky to have a 1st gen man, i envy you!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'm diggin the cupholder/radio mount man! Looks good! Enjoy your 1g, they're fun little cars. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, apparently some people don't appreciate my handywork. Rather than just pulling the CD player, he tried to snag the whole box. In the process, broke all the underlying plastic in the dash. Ended up just taking the CD player. Left my cup holder and jacket (which was worth more than the CD player)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
ouchh. did they damage the car breaking in?
Long story, but, years ago, rzeller thought about getting keys for the door (the ignition was replaced) but figured finding a window would be harder than replacing whatever was stolen, so it wasn't locked. It wasn't the CD player pictured, that one died. This was my old Pioneer DEH-205. 22x4 watts and the screen didn't work. Not even worth stealing if they knew about that

Anyway, it doesn't look like an easy fix. Whatever that metal brace was bolted to is plastic, and snapped clean out sans one mounting bolt towards the glove box (which doesn't close very well now) so I think the whole dash will need to be replaced. I'm probably going to look into that Accord console and see if it at least hides the damage

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I feel your pain, InvaderTrax. I went out to the bar for a couple drinks and to watch a local band one night with my 1g and someone stole my cd's (had about 65 or so in the car) and busted the faceplate on my Pioneer trying to get the cd out of it. Idiot that did it apparently didn't notice that my cd player wasn't mounted in there and was just sitting in place. Instead of taking the whole thing easily, they broke the radio instead. Bastards. Sorry to hear about yours. They did more damage to yours than they did to mine. :(

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
SORRY TO HEAR THAT DUDE BUT evEn tho i likke the idea those cupholders suck my dad has them they wont hold large cups and they get in the way of the radio beleive me it gets annoyinng but kudos to u for a good idea but the guy that fucked it all up can go to hell lol
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
210 Posts
DUDE. I know it happened almost a month ago, but damn, that sucks. I thought that the box you made went perfect with the car, and then some douche came and jacked it up. sorry man :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just an update. Haven't done anything about a new radio. Installed '85 Accord front brakes and it certainly stops better. And, for reference, they fit under factory 13" steel wheels with no issues

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sick shit man .. do the brakes just bolt right on ?
Yup. Grab calipers, brackets, pads, and rotors from an 84/85 Accord, toss in some new crush washers for the banjo bolts and you'll be good. Even with my bad MC it's still much better. I also think one of my old calipers was sticking because my car cruises down hill much better

1 - 20 of 20 Posts