Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a few pics of my "new" aquisition >

Don't mind the "puddle" under the front end. I had changed the oil earlier in the day, and some of the old oil spilled from the container. Also, I have given her a wash, removed the old hubcaps and left her with the plain steel rims. Please disregard the dirty wheel wells.

As for this pic, this is my son, Ryan. He is enjoying the view from the driver's side. Apparently, we have a new 8 month old "e-brake maniac" :laugh:.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
ahhh great god....

for future reference.... when your gonna take shots take a hose and spray the wheel wells. itll make them look darker and the dirt wont show up as easily.

as for the other pic.... your kid is hilarious... looks like he's having so much fun.

He knows whats up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ToxxicLuder90 said:
ahhh great god....

for future reference.... when your gonna take shots take a hose and spray the wheel wells. itll make them look darker and the dirt wont show up as easily.

as for the other pic.... your kid is hilarious... looks like he's having so much fun.

He knows whats up.
To be honest, just to make the wheel wells look a little darker for the pic would mean that I would have to unwind my hose, try and stretch it out because it is too short to reach my car, and then wait until the water dries around my car before I decide to take the picture. And I almost forgot to mention, when I took that pic, it was 23:20. That would mean that I wouldn't be too courteous to my neighbours with it being that late. Next time I will take the pic in the daytime just to be safe from ridicule.

Anyway, for future reference, disregard the dirty wheel wells and thanks for the compliment about my son.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
notnilc said:
lookin good man! what's your first plan of action? rims?
Thanks man. My first plan of action will be fixing 1 of the boots that are leaking power steering fluid. I am going to be replacing the front rotors (maybe they can be machined), and replace the pads.

I won't be getting rims for a while. My g/f and I have 4 children together (we have 2 boys together, and she has a boy and a girl from a previous marriage), so funds will be a little bit tight until I start going a little further in my electrical apprenticeship.

I will probably go with a paint job first to bring back the original shine and that won't be for quite some time as well. I will be replacing the tape deck with a CD/MP3/WMA player in a few weeks. I will post pics.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
that has to be prolly the 5th - 3rd gen.... i've seen with the rocker panel crushed up like that...

1 of which being my own that was liek it too... from me sliding down a median durring the winter.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ToxxicLuder90 said:
that has to be prolly the 5th - 3rd gen.... i've seen with the rocker panel crushed up like that...

1 of which being my own that was liek it too... from me sliding down a median durring the winter.
I am the 3rd owner of this car, so I have no idea what happened to it. I know it wasn't me, lol. Anyway, I am assuming that 1 of the previous owners started to drift/4-wheel slide uncontrollably into a curb, most likely during the Winter. Maybe when they were backing up they cut the wheel to sharp, or not enough, and hit a curb.

Of course, all of these are assumptions. Regardless of what happened, I am now responsible to fix the dent, and make my car a pleasure to look at. I have some work ahead of me, and my Prelude is worth all of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.