Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

In 1990 I had an '82 Prelude while I was stationed in California during my enlistment in the Navy. I found a couple pictures of it (no digital cameras back then) and took pics of them (sorry for the glare -- stupid flash.)

The transmission started to go out in the Prelude in 1992 (popped out of third all the time,) so I traded it in. Fast forward 18 years and I'm married (17 years now,) have two kids and a couple Odysseys.

And this:

I just bought it on eBay and got it home last weekend. It's a dead ringer
for my old car (except for the wheels, of course -- but I just located and bought a set of those, too!)

I got some new rubber mounted yesterday and couldn't wait for today. The weather didn't cooperate, but I did it anyway.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Wow, that thing looks cleaner than my 5g I used to have. Is that all you are looking to do to it, or do you have some kind of plans for it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My goal was to make an exact replica of my original car.

I'll probably lower it a little, add foglights and maybe tint the windows. These are all things I wanted to do 20 years ago.

Other than that, I just plan to enjoy it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congratulation

Hello and welcome. :grin:
I was touched emotionally by your post !
Nice story, nice cars. Thank you for the little work to post on the website and to share with others.

Me I had a good friend in 1986 who used to pick me up with a prelude Honda from 1984 (second generation - and at that time that was a top level car in France - I could not afford to have one). I was impressed by my friend's car and 13 years later I decided to purchase one just like you.
Now I got crazy about 1st generation also.
I will follow your post for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your comments!

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
super clean!!!!!! that thing has been kept up very nicely.

glad to see it in good hands..

·
Registered
502 Posts
That sure is a nice car and wheels you have are a perfect match for the car. My first new car in 1981 was a Accord lx hatchback that cost $8000 +$500 additional dealer profit printed right on the car because Honda's were in such high demand at the time. I could not afford the Prelude at the time with out getting a loan because it cost $9000. After looking at your car , I wish to god I got the loan !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks really nice! I love those wheels there.
I would go with a black interior, the black /red combination is sick, there just to much red in there.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nice 1g. You like the red interior?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice 1g. You like the red interior?
I LOVE the red interior.

outriding said:
I would go with a black interior, the black /red combination is sick, there just to much red in there
Too bad there never was a black interior in the 1G for the US market.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was going to stop you... but ya, in a US catalog is only see interior trim options: Longleet Gold or Ivory.

I wonder who decided the color options that should go to each market and how that selection was done.. :hmmm:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Lovely! It's cool that you went back and got an identical one so many years later.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Love it. My first Prelude was a red 1981. Makes me want to go dig out some pictures.

Way to bring a good memory from the past back to life. Beautiful car.

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
Very nice. I wish I had bought one when I had the chance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
now you just need to get your post count up so u can win potm

LOL, yeah. That rule cracks me up. Be a post whore for a little while so we can feature your car! :spinface: This section has very few visitors, and I don't really have anything to offer in the other generation sections, so I'd be pretty much talking to myself.

Thanks again to everyone for their comments!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts