Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just about 15mins ago.. i was drivin back from a friends house and saw a crx(i didnt catch what year it was,but i think 89-91' prlly?) ..anyways, i pulled up besides him, and asked him "what type engine you have?"..he told me ''sohc'', and i ask.."with what mods?", he said, ''only exhuast''.. it looked like he had full exhaust, and his was a manual.. my lude is auto with header,hi/flow muffler, and cold air intake... so, we are at stop light head2head and had to make a slight left turn before we get straightend out.... then once we were both str8, he got the jump on be4 me and we were neck n neck.. all through 1st i hadnt gained much on him.. i shifted at about 7500 into 2nd.... he had already in 2nd.. when my vtech kicked in on 2nd gear.. i was creepin on him hard.. then 3rd came.. and .."bye bye Crx!".. :smilejap: .. he was a really cool guy, an he ended up turnin off real quick..

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
you shoulda pulled more than that through 1st and 2nd. his weight gave him an advantage but you have much more power and torque than him, especially with it being a sohc w/ exhaust. but a kills a kill. good job

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BB6LudeSportshift said:
does your lude cherp 2nd on some streets?
yeah.. but i haven't experienced it very often.. i think its happend 2 me like 2 or 3times in the 18mnths that ive had my lude... and when it did, it was pretty slight.. but it was pretty tight:)

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
SOHC probably meant stock D16 motor which made 108 hp. My brother had a 91 CRX Si and with Intake/header and exhaust that 108 hp motor pulled that car to a 16 second 1/4 mile with a good clutch...I was impressed. It weighs 2100 lbs....imagine what it would do with a boosted Bseries motor.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Nice! It's only a CRX but he challenged you and lost hands down. I remember killing a Domino's delivery guy driving a Ford Probe one time. It was so funny, he wouldn't get off my ass after I beat him. Must have been pissed.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
^now thats really funny. i wanna hear the whole story. post it up

·
Registered
792 Posts
I was coming home from work at Frank's before they went out of business and stopped at a usual light. Coming up beside me was a newer model 5 speed Ford Probe. Not sure if it was GT. Black car, tinted windows and exhaust I think. After the light the two lanes merge into one so normally everyone rushes to get ahead. I take off normally and he's right there side by side. As I'm going I noticed that he is trying to get ahead of me so I just punched it in auto mode to go into 3rd and that's when I left him and he stayed on my ass until the lane merge. He was probably just trying to deliver the pizza as fast as he could. Can't blame him, oh well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nyluder22 said:
.. He was probably just trying to deliver the pizza as fast as he could. Can't blame him, oh well..
haha!!.. good kill btw.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good kill. And btw I cant beleive you didnt get flamed yet for saying vtech. If you looked under your hood you'd realize its VTEC.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RCH022 said:
Good kill. And btw I cant beleive you didnt get flamed yet for saying vtech. If you looked under your hood you'd realize its VTEC.
THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!.. again.. someone else correcting my bad spelling.. lol:flipa:

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
borcth said:
good kill, to me a crx is another civic :huh2:
oh yeah! Well there is a crx with bored out b20/b18 head here making a 230 something whp. is that just another civic?

BTW: Borcth are you still undefeated? Did you get tuned? hit me on aim man tell me whats up?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
TopEndLude said:
oh yeah! Well there is a crx with bored out b20/b18 head here making a 230 something whp. is that just another civic?

BTW: Borcth are you still undefeated? Did you get tuned? hit me on aim man tell me whats up?
i dont care if it has 500 whp, the car is ugly as fuck:suspect:
sure as hell doesnt get girls

to answer ur question, yes

1 - 20 of 21 Posts