Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at their online catolgue...

they say that the 1988-90 prelude si has a sohc v16 engine.... and that they dont make it for the dohc engine... didnt eh prelude Si only come with a dohc

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
It only came in DOHC for the Si

The S came in SOHC.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Probably a typo. If they make wires, they're more than likely for the DOHC 16-valve. The S is a SOHC 12-valve.

Wouldn't older integra wires fit, though? The valve cover looks identical.

·
Registered
750 Posts
ya but the teggy ignition system could be totaly different. it could have a little more power or even a little less. never mix and match ignition system componants unless they are identical part numbers.

my .02 cents

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hmm... always thought wires were wires, as long as you matched up TEC or Hitachi so the boots fit and the wires are the right length. All the wire sets we sell at work look like they're cut from the same 7 or 8mm (depending on application) wire stock.

So this big roll of 8.5mm MSD wire I bought is useless to me?

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
msd wires wont do anything. your better off with ngk and an extra 50-100 bucks...or if u wanna buy some magnacores i have a brand new set for a 3rd gen...i paid like 175 pm me if intrested

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Well i got the msd bulk wire for $30. Just need to get some ends. Was gonna use it on the Audi, but I can't find anyplace that has the right terminals :(

·
Registered
750 Posts
well the bulk wire should be ok. I might have had a brain fart there. I just dont like fuckin around putting different cars' shit on my car. to tell you the honest truth i dont know if teggy wires will work, its just i personally wont do that.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Integra wires will be close, but may or may not fit correctly.

Any wires that fit will work fine, the only tricky part is the chunk that goes down through the valve cover into the head, that has to be the correct length.

In other news, for anything short of a capacitive discharge ignition system, NGK or Denso (or even Bosch) wires work every bit as well as the $23,000
wire sets from the Top Names In Ripoffs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts