Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious where you guys mounted your nitrous buttons in the cabin. I really want a personal steering wheel, but having trouble with where I could mount it on the wheel if at all possible.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just curious where you guys mounted your nitrous buttons in the cabin. I really want a personal steering wheel, but having trouble with where I could mount it on the wheel if at all possible.
I used my left horn button for a while, until I installed my window switch now its all automatic.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like a full throttle switch? That completely eliminates the button? I'm assuming it only sprays when the nitrous is activated with the switch, then only sprays when on WOT? I want to buy a personal steering wheel, if I do I won't have a horn button so close to my thumb anymore.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NOS-NITROUS-NX-ZEX-FORD-CHEVY-HONDA-FULL-WIRING-KIT-RELAY-THROTTLE-KIT-MORE-/300746186134?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item4605de9d96

So this is what you are talking about, correct? Just trying to clarify the function and purpose of this.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Like a full throttle switch? That completely eliminates the button? I'm assuming it only sprays when the nitrous is activated with the switch, then only sprays when on WOT? I want to buy a personal steering wheel, if I do I won't have a horn button so close to my thumb anymore.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NOS-NITROUS-NX-ZEX-FORD-CHEVY-HONDA-FULL-WIRING-KIT-RELAY-THROTTLE-KIT-MORE-/300746186134?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item4605de9d96

So this is what you are talking about, correct? Just trying to clarify the function and purpose of this.
No with my zex kit it uses the tps signal for the wot switch and this is the window switch: http://www.zex.com/zx/traction-control-window-switch.html

with that you can program your nitrous activation and stop point you can also program a skip shift function. For example I have mine programed to skip 1st gear (no nitrous) then from 2nd gear on it starts spraying at 5500 rpm and stops spraying at 8400 rpm.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Badass, thanks for the link. Going to order that up. So i'm assuming you wire it up so that it is only active when the nitrous system is armed, that triggers that wot switch to become active, and then completely eliminates the need for a nitrous button on a steering wheel? It simply sprays nitrous between the set rpm chosen, the gear chosen, and only when in WOT because the TPS signal is signaling the window switch that it is in WOT and safe to spray. Do I have all that correct?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Badass, thanks for the link. Going to order that up. So i'm assuming you wire it up so that it is only active when the nitrous system is armed, that triggers that wot switch to become active, and then completely eliminates the need for a nitrous button on a steering wheel? It simply sprays nitrous between the set rpm chosen, the gear chosen, and only when in WOT because the TPS signal is signaling the window switch that it is in WOT and safe to spray. Do I have all that correct?

I'll sell you mine, now that I have the hondata I no longer need it. It still looks brand new because I mounted it behind my ash tray.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
So was everything I said correct?
Yes those things are the shit.

You would have to wire it up and hook it up to a switch to arm it, and adjust the rpms for it, and hook it up to the tps, so it knows when to spray.

The newer Apexi neo units have it too. Really cool feature.

For the longest time, I would run the push button from my thumb on the shifter. I liked that the best. I had it on the steering wheel, and dash board before, but I like it best on the shifter

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have mine set so that it arms when I flip a switch by my ashtray, and activates the relay at WOT. I was planning to mount the switch somewhere hidden, but got lazy when I was ready to race.

I would love to use a window switch, but haven't done that yet. Maybe once I switch to Hondata.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have mine set so that it arms when I flip a switch by my ashtray, and activates the relay at WOT. I was planning to mount the switch somewhere hidden, but got lazy when I was ready to race.

I would love to use a window switch, but haven't done that yet. Maybe once I switch to Hondata.

With the Hondata you do not need a window switch you can program up to three stages of nitrous controlled through the ecu! Thats why if I ever hook the nitrous back up I will not be using the window switch.

And yes Prudz_lude you are correct

1 - 11 of 11 Posts