Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone. As some people know, I'm about to do a motor swap to my car. Well, my GF's, dad has a motor he'll sell me, but the thing is, I have a 2000 Prelude, and he has a motor coming out of a 97 Prelude. I've heard some people say that it'll work, and others say it won't without changing a few things. Well, I'm just wondering if the motor will work or not just by droping it in. I know the motors are the same, but will it just drop right in? I'm thinking maybe just change the wire harness, but that's about the only thing I can think of that might be different....Any help is defenitly apprieciated. I would like to get a defenit answer

·
Registered
98 Posts
If youre putting in a base motor to a base engine bay everything should be slick and quick, minus some minor harness changes.

If you want to put in an SH motor to a base engine bay, there will be some modifications to where the previous ATTS unit was. I'm not quite exactly sure what changes need to be made, but I remember from an engine swap that my buddy had, it took him quite a while trying to figure out what to do with it.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kyx said:
aslong as I know.. you want have a problem.. originaly manual with a manual engine drop right? You putting in a SH motor or just base?
Just a base block...It's coming out of an Auto Prelude, but the blocks are the same. I just don't know if they may have changed things up between the years

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
just change the harness it should just drop in, the 99+ has a diffrent emission stuff on the firewall but the motor is the same just with a few less ponies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts