Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first motor build just to let you know. I have the motor striped to the block and now i am ready to rebuild, but due to the lack of money this is how im going to build it.

OEM HONDA HEAD GASKET
EBAY PISTON RINGS
EBAY GASKETS AND SEALS EXCEPT FOR THE HEAD GASKET
EBAY ACT STAGE TWO CLUTCH
OEM HONDA ROD AND CRANK BEARINGS
EBAY WATER PUMP
OEM HONDA OIL PUMP

The head work will come some time later, and i plan on boosting it with 8psi.
Would this be a reliable setup? Has anyone every delt with any of these ebay items? I would like your input. thanks

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
some rods and pistons would be a good idea. Forged, if you're planning on going tubro.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
It depends on who the ebay seller is. Ebay is not a brand, so the quality can really vary. I've gone with ebay parts (water pump, timing belt, ball joints, etc...), but the parts the seller was actually selling were genuine Honda stuff. It would be more helpful if you could post the links to what you are considering using.

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
You don't need a new oil pump, reuse the old one. Just open it and inspect.

OEM bearings are expensive, you can save by using ACL bearings, just plastigauge everything before the final install to make sure clearances are in spec.

Don't forget the cost of a new timing belt.

Forged pistons would be best, but the stock stuff can work with lower boost and a good tune. You have someone good lined up to tune the car RIGHT after you get it running with the turbo?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont have any one lined up to tune the car after it is turbo, but ill figure something out. i wanted the new oil pump because ive had a bad experience in the past with that. I dont really know that much about the brands that are sold for our cars, like the quality and stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts